Multiple Terminal Support

Hello,

So I’m trying to understand the multiple terminal feature. I want to zone multiple terminals but I always build one major area for check in. Will other terminals operate if check in areas are not zoned as part of a terminal?

Basically I’m wondering if there are check in desks not part of any terminal, can they apply to all terminals?

1 Like

No is the simple answer. Depending on your layout you could zone certain desks auto check as each terminal but once you zone one terminal everything needs to be zoned

1 Like

Does that include transportation? Does each terminal REQUIRE to have transportation such as busses? It can be hard to bring roads to each terminal.

1 Like

Yeah everything must be zoned including pick up and drop off!

1 Like

I feel like that makes it really hard to use the tool, Any tips or advice?

2 Likes

I have made a number of terminals around the a traffic hub in the centre of the map.

Each has its own check in.

Look at Manchester airport for inspiration

1 Like

Terminals don’t require transit structures to be included in that area, it’s just a lot more common and your airport will operate better if you do so. If a terminal does not have any transit structures connected to it via the terminal tool, passengers destined for that terminal will simply use the other terminals structures, or structures that have no terminal at all, but you will get way “less precise” results with that layout.

1 Like

Oh okay, what about other things such as the checkin desks? That’s the only other thing I usually keep only in one terminal (maybe concourse is a better term)

1 Like

Terminal zones in ACEO are there to make sure that completely separated areas are working properly. Means if you do not use the terminal zone but you have two separate buildings, passengers would prefer to take a coffee or a toilet visit in the other building and might get stuck because of missing connections. Or the ways are too long and they miss their flights or cause flight delays.

Terminals provide their own facilities in ACEO such as Check in, Security, Baggage claim + optional also staff and apron vehicles and as already mentioned the ground transportation.

If you are going to build concourses, satellites or piers, they are in fact the same terminal connected by a tunnel or other constructions.

2 Likes

I have a large (domestic) terminal with 11 medium (3 remote) and 3 small stands, and I have included all the transit structures (subway (3), bus (12) taxi (16) car (16) and four car parks, one long-term) in the terminal zone. I occasionally get a warning about PAX having difficulty exiting the airport, but when I look, there’s hardly any people waiting for transit or there are a lot of people queueing for just one bus stand.

I have started building an International Terminal, and have been building transit structures for this one, completely separate from the existing terminal, and included in the terminal area for the new terminal. I am getting taxis and cars calling at the drop off stops and parking in the car park, and then getting notifications of PAX not finding their way - they’ve been dropped off at the wrong terminal…

1 Like

So those new transit structures are covered by the new international terminal area?

2 Likes

Yes, both terminals have transit structures on a separate road from the incoming road, and all the transit structures for each terminal are included in the terminal zoning for that terminal. I have had to put in a short connecting road and pedestrian footpath to enable the incorrect dropoffs to reach the proper terminal, something which I did not envisage doing…

I’ll go back to a relevant point in my accumulated saves and put in a bug report if it will help…

On a lighter note, I must make a note to look at what aircraft are being offered to me - and not schedule two A380s in the same time band. 800 PAX descending on the airport and 800 exiting two aircraft definitely tests one’s facilities…

1 Like

Well, that’d you probably have to do regardless due to employee terminal distribution. I don’t think there’s any airport in the world which has more than two terminals and no accessible path or roadway between them.

That said, passengers destined for a flight with its stand in terminal 1 should not despawn on transit structures in terminal 2. I see no other reports on this in the backlog so it’s for sure a strange issue with your setup, however due to the lack of frequency reported on that bug it cannot be prioritized at this stage.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.