My Flightradar 24 (ex Flightdiary)

You’ve interesting flight in there! As a fokker 70 :wink:

Who doesn’t love stats? :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

The stats are so interesting! I just love flicking between distances vs. number of flights :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

With me being based by O’Hare, United just made sense. Never had any bad experiences, more cases where the staff went above and beyond, even if it was my fault.

Their frequent flier program is also pretty good and they partner with my preferred car rental (Hertz). United Clubs in pretty much all the airports I went to or through.

2 Likes

I think I’ve been scared off flying United cos of all the bad press they receive. The last time I flew them was 10 years ago though, since then I ended up on Delta once and haven’t looked back since (they’re expensive though) :S

I do like star alliance, but not United, the flights I’ve done with them were the worst. I though you choose it since it’s an hub for them… Is also logical :sweat_smile: lately I’m traveling mostly for business, even if the price are there, I prefer to take and enjoy the perks with Delta, even if I’m gold with KLM/AirFrance

Curious, what went wrong on the United flights you were on?

Delta was my other choice, however flying from South Bend to their Atlanta hub didn’t really excite me. With United I could fly out of South Bend, connecting through O’Hare, if the flight times worked out. Otherwise I could drive an hour further to O’Hare and have access to a lot more flight times/options. American was never an option for me.

Yeah they’ve definitely gotten hit pretty good a few times in recent years.

As I’m sure you’ve seen in your travels as well, infrequent travelers can have unrealistic expectations and demands which never ends well for either party.

One time I had a 3/4 hour flight, I’m use (well) to have usually at least in-flight entertainment and there was but you had to pay too see something else of what they were showing. Another time long-haul flight. The worst meal I ever had and not comfortable flight overall.
The flight back I did with lufthansa and it was all other story. (better)

I’ve also pushed my colleagues to book me Delta since I was already a FF with skyteam, so I just wanted continue to collect my perks in there. Based in Richmond, Virginia here in US with any company you’ll have to layover, so, I don’t really bother anymore.