My Idea List including: Car Rentals, Freight/Cargo, Check-in, Flight Scheduler, Internal Transport, One-ways, Customs, Arr. Upper Level Roads, etc

With the upcoming Feature Voting around the corner I decided to compile a list of all the changes and features I would like to see made/added to APCEO.

I have started a Word Document to compile all of it together to make it easier to just copy and paste into this post. As I finish each one I will add them to this post. They are currently in no order of priority but I might change the order in which I would like to see the changes made or features added as my list get closer to being done. I hope to make a separate Voting Feature for each one and link to those posts here once the Voting is open.

Many of my ideas have already been touched upon but I decided to create my own with my personal twist and information/pictures/links etc.

Some of these Ideas are for new features and some are for changes to existing items/features. As they mentioned in their last DevBlog 130 Post:

… as part of the work we’ll be putting in for Alpha 33, we’ll be having another feature request voting round! We’ve mentioned this before and included the fact that this time around (and in the spirit for Alpha 33) we’ll be looking at collecting a larger number of very minor feature requests instead of the big ones we did for Alpha 31 and Alpha 32.

I have tried to create categories for each one to include similar changes/additions, some big some small and some big with small… For example:

New Terminal Zoning and Security Area Zoning will also include additional optional connections between:

• Bus/Car stops with Check-in Desks
  • Check in Desks with Security Checkpoint Zones/Stations
  • Multiple Connections between 1 Baggage Claim and 2 Baggage Bays.
  • Connection between Stand and runways
    etc…

Time to make my list:

Update: So I added my third idea and ran out of characters for this post, so I am creating a seperate post for each idea and link them to one another through this post. Cheers!

TABLE OF CONTENTS Added Link
CONSOLIDATED RENTAL CAR FACILITY Added Link
AIR CARGO/FREIGHT Added Link
CHECK-IN DESKS -
FIXED BASE OPERATORS (FBO) - GA/CHARTERS Added Link
FLIGHT SCHEDULER -
GROUND TRANSPORTATION & INTERNAL TRANSPORTATION -
ONE-WAY PATHS (ENTRANCE/EXITS) -
PREMIUM AND VIP SERVICES -
PASSPORT CONTROL/CUSTOMS -
ROADS Added Link
RUNWAYS & TAXIWAYS Added Link
SECURITY CHECKPOINTS Added Link
SHORT-/LONG-TERM PASSENGER PARKING & STAFF PARKING -
STANDS -
AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL (ATC) -
UTILITIES & AIRPORT SUPPORT -
ZONING & CONNECTIONS -
1 Like

I know your not done with this yet, but just by the table of contents I can tell you’re pretty much going to touch on a lot of things other Airport CEO’s and I would love to see. Can’t wait to read all of your ideas!

2 Likes

Well I reached my character limit on the third one I tried to add. so I am going to have to make all of these a separate posts and link them back to this post for my table of contents and link to each one from here as well. oh wells…

Ah, that works :wink:

Hello @twocflyer

I know you have lots of ideas but please don’t spam on forum by posting every idea on separated topics. Normally there is this topic for such ideas ( https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/minor-details-make-your-tiny-suggestions-here/634 ) but for bulk of ideas we allow for separated topics.

I will more your other idea posts to this topic.

EDIT: Also if you have checked forum, you can see that many of these ideas had been suggested already :wink:

1 Like
CHECK-IN DESKS -
FLIGHT SCHEDULER -
ROADS Added Link
STANDS -
ZONING & CONNECTIONS -

CONSOLIDATED RENTAL CAR FACILITY

A consolidated rental car facility (CRCF) or consolidated rental car center (CONRAC) is a complex that hosts numerous rental car agencies, typically found at airports in the United States. The incentive for building consolidated facilities are numerous, including less congestion on streets in the airport area, more convenience for rental car company employees, greater efficiencies for rental car companies, and numerous environmental benefits from reduced emissions to consolidated, professionally managed fueling stations.

FACILITY

A consolidated rental car facility may include the following areas:

• Customer Service Area/Building (CSA/CSB)
  • Garage or “ready/return” areas
  • Back of house prepping areas or “Quick-Turn-Around” (QTA) stations.
Pictures

SERVICES

Typical services at the rental car company facilities might include:

• Onsite offices
  • Fueling
  • Car wash & car prep (vacuums, windshield wiper fluids, and trash services)
  • Light maintenance areas.

RENTAL CAR COMPANIES

A list of real rental car companies that could be added for contracts.

Rental Car Companies
  • ACE Rent a Car
  • Advantage Rent a Car
  • Alamo Rent a Car
  • Auto Europe
  • Avis Budget Group
  • Avis Europe
  • Avis Car Rental
  • Avis Southern Africa
  • Budget Rent a Car
  • Bunk Campers
  • CanaDream
  • Canvas
  • Car2go
  • Carzonrent
  • Citer SA
  • Cruise America
  • Daimler Hire
  • Dollar Rent A Car
  • Dollar Thrifty Automotive Group
  • Drover
  • Enterprise Rent-A-Car
  • Europcar
  • Firefly (car rental)
  • First Car Rental
  • Flexicar (carsharing)
  • The Hertz Corporation
  • Irish Car Rentals
  • JustShareIt
  • Kemwel
  • Lex Autolease
  • Localiza
  • Maven (car sharing)
  • Meru Cabs
  • MylesCar
  • National Car Rental
  • Payless Car Rental
  • Redspot Car Rentals
  • Rent-a-Wreck
  • Shlomo Group
  • Sixt
  • Thrifty Car Rental
  • Tilden Rent-a-Car
  • Tourism Holdings Limited
  • Uhaul Car Share
  • Wicked Campers
  • Zipcar
  • Zoomcar

RENTAL CAR TYPES/SIZES

Most car rental offices offer a range of vehicle sizes to suit a variety of budgets and space requirements and some additionally offer specialized vehicles to suit its location such as:

Rental Car Types/Sizes
  • Economy
  • Compact
  • Mid-Size
  • Full-Size
  • Premium
  • Luxury
  • Specialty Cars
  • Minivan
  • Mid-Size SUV
  • Standard SUV
  • Full-Size SUV
  • Vans
  • Pickups
  • Hybrid
  • Electric

CHECK-IN DESKS -
FLIGHT SCHEDULER -
ROADS Added Link
STANDS -
ZONING & CONNECTIONS -

AIR CARGO | FREIGHT

Air cargo | freight is any property carried or to be carried in an aircraft. Air cargo comprises air freight, air express and airmail.

CARGO AIRCRAFT

A cargo aircraft (also known as freight aircraft, freighter, airlifter or cargo jet) is a fixed-wing aircraft that is designed or converted for the carriage of cargo rather than passengers. Such aircraft usually do not incorporate passenger amenities and generally feature one or more large doors for loading cargo. Freighters may be operated by civil passenger or cargo airlines, by private individuals or by the armed forces of individual countries (for the last see military transport aircraft).

Aircraft designed for cargo flight usually have features that distinguish them from conventional passenger aircraft: a wide/tall fuselage cross-section, a high-wing to allow the cargo area to sit near the ground, a large number of wheels to allow it to land at unprepared locations, and a high-mounted tail to allow cargo to be driven directly into and off the aircraft.

TYPES OF CARGO AIRCRAFT

Nearly all commercial cargo aircraft presently in the fleet are derivatives or transformations of passenger aircraft. However, there are three other methods to the development of cargo aircraft.

DERIVATIVES OF NON-CARGO AIRCRAFT

Many types can be converted from airliner to freighter by installing a main deck cargo door with its control systems; upgrading floor beams for cargo loads and replacing passenger equipment and furnishings with new linings, ceilings, lighting, floors, drains and smoke detectors. Specialized engineering teams rival Airbus and Boeing, giving the aircraft another 15–20 years of life. Aeronautical Engineers Inc. converts the Boeing 737-300/400/800, MD-80 and Bombardier CRJ200. Israel Aerospace Industries’ Bedek Aviation converts the 737-300/400/700/800 in about 90 days, 767-200/300s in about four months and 747-400s in five months, and is looking at the Boeing 777, Airbus A330 and A321.[10] Voyageur Aviation Corp located in North Bay, Ontario converts the DHC-8-100 into the DHC-8-100 Package Freighter Conversion.

An A300B4-200F conversion cost $5M in 1996, an A300-600F $8M in 2001, a MD-11F $9M in 1994, a B767-300ERF $13M in 2007, a B747-400 PSF $22M in 2006, an A330-300 P2F was estimated at $20M in 2016 and a B777-200ER BCF at $40M in 2017. By avoiding the main deck door installation and relying on lighter elevators between decks, LCF Conversions wants to convert A330/A340s or B777s for $6.5M to $7.5M.[12] In the mid 2000s, passenger 747-400s cost $30–50 million before a $25 million conversion, a B757 had to cost $15 million before conversion, falling to below $10 million by 2018, and $5 million for a 737 Classic, falling to $2–3 million for a B737-400 by 2018.

Derivative freighters have most of their development costs already amortized, and lead time before production is shorter than all new aircraft. Converted cargo aircraft use older technology; their direct operating costs are higher than what might be achieved with current technology. Since they have not been designed specifically for air cargo, loading and unloading is not optimized; the aircraft may be pressurized more than necessary, and there may be unnecessary apparatus for passenger safety.

CARGO AND FREIGHT SERVICES

In addition to people, airports move cargo around the clock. Cargo airlines often have their own on-site and adjacent infrastructure to transfer parcels between ground and air.

Cargo Terminal Facilities are areas where international airports export cargo has to be stored after customs clearance and prior to loading on the aircraft. Similarly import cargo that is offloaded needs to be in bond before the consignee decides to take delivery. Areas have to be kept aside for examination of export and import cargo by the airport authorities. Designated areas or sheds may be given to airlines or freight forward ring agencies.

Every cargo terminal has a landside and an airside. The landside is where the exporters and importers through either their agents or by themselves deliver or collect shipments while the airside is where loads are moved to or from the aircraft. In addition, cargo terminals are divided into distinct areas – export, import and interline or transshipment.

CARGO | FREIGHT COMPANIES

Some of the largest all-cargo carriers are:
  • ABX Air
  • AeroLogic
  • AirBridge Cargo
  • Airest
  • Amerijet International
  • BAX Global
  • CargoLogicAir
  • Cargolux
  • DHL
  • Blue Dart Aviation
  • DHL Aero Expreso
  • DHL Air UK
  • DHL de Guatemala
  • DHL Ecuador
  • DHL International Aviation ME
  • European Air Transport Leipzig
  • FedEx Express Kalitta Air
  • Martinair
  • Nippon Cargo Airlines
  • Pak Group of Companies
  • Polar Air Cargo
  • TNT Airways
  • UPS Airlines
freight divisions of passenger airlines

The following are freight divisions of passenger airlines operating their own or leased freighter aircraft. Some have shut down or merged with others:

• Aeroflot-Cargo
  • Air Canada Cargo
  • Air China Cargo
  • Air France Cargo
  • Air Hong Kong (Cathay Pacific)
  • Air India Cargo
  • Air Macau Cargo
  • ANA Cargo
  • Asiana Cargo
  • Avianca Cargo
  • Cathay Pacific Cargo
  • China Airlines Cargo
  • China Cargo Airlines (China Eastern Airlines)
  • China Southern Cargo
  • Delta Air Freight
  • EgyptAir Cargo
  • EL AL Cargo
  • Emirates SkyCargo
  • Ethiopian Airlines Cargo
  • Etihad Crystal Cargo
  • EVA Air Cargo
  • Finnair Cargo
  • Hong Kong Airlines Cargo
  • IAG Cargo
  • Icelandair Cargo
  • Iran Air Cargo
  • Garuda Indonesia Cargo
  • KLM Cargo
  • Korean Air Cargo
  • LAN Cargo
  • Lufthansa Cargo
  • MASkargo
  • Qatar Airways Cargo
  • RAM Cargo
  • Royal Jordanian Cargo
  • Saudi Arabian Airlines Cargo
  • Shanghai Airlines Cargo
  • Singapore Airlines Cargo
  • South African Airways Cargo
  • TAM Cargo
  • Turkish Airlines Cargo
  • Uzbekistan Airways Cargo
  • Yakutia Airlines Cargo
Freight divisions without freighter fleets

The following are freight divisions without freighter fleets, using passenger aircraft holds or having other cargo airlines fly on their behalf. Some of these previously had freighters:

• Alaska Air Cargo American Airlines Freight
  • British Airways World Cargo
  • Caribbean Airlines
  • Cargo Garuda Indonesia
  • Czech Airlines Cargo
  • Delta Airlines Cargo
  • Dragon Air Cargo
  • Gol Transportes AĂ©reos
  • Gulf Air Cargo
  • Hainan Airlines Cargo
  • Iberia Cargo
  • Japan Airlines Cargo
  • Kenya Airways Cargo
  • KLM Cargo
  • Kuwait Airways Cargo
  • LOT Polish Airlines Cargo
  • Pakistan International Airlines Cargo
  • Philippine Airlines Cargo
  • Qantas Freight
  • SAS Cargo Group
  • Shaheen Air Cargo
  • Shenzhen Airlines Cargo
  • Sichuan Airlines Cargo
  • South African Airways
  • SriLankan Cargo
  • Sudan Airways
  • Swiss WorldCargo
  • Thai Airways Cargo
  • United Airlines Cargo
  • Virgin Atlantic Cargo

AIRCRAFT PARKING APRON | STAND | RAMP

MARKINGS

• Lead-in/Lead-out Lines
  • Stop Lines
  • Aircraft Safety Envelope
  • Head of Stand Road (vehicle access)
  • Tail Stand Road (vehicle access)
Pictures

AIR CARGO WAREHOUSE | FACILITY

• · Warehouse/Facility Vehicle Bypass – two lane roads provide access ramp to landside parking areas through a secured gate (public road to service road)

• Air Cargo Truck Docks and Doors

• Air Cargo Truck Parking

• Cargo Handling Systems and Storage Types

• Manual-load
    • Moderately Mechanized Sort and Load
    • Automated Terminals and Gateways
Pictures

AIRSIDE AIR CARGO SECURITY

• Air Cargo Perimeter Fence
  • Air cargo staff access points
  • Security guard stations
  • Security lighting
Pictures

GROUND SUPPORT EQUIPMENT (GSE)

STORAGE

Used to park and stage GSE when it is not in use. Often located on the apron outside the a/c safety envelope.

STATIONARY GSE

• Mounted preconditioned air units
  • APUs
  • Lower-deck loading units
  • Portable water supply cabinets

MOBILE GSE

• Tugs
  • Belt loaders
  • Cargo (baggage) carts
  • Empty dollies
  • Loaded dollies (with ULDs and pallets loaders)
  • Fuel trucks
  • Lavatory and potable water vehicles
  • Stairs
  • Main Deck (nose-door) loaders
  • Air start trucks
Pictures

1 Like
CHECK-IN DESKS -
FLIGHT SCHEDULER -
ROADS Added Link
STANDS -
ZONING & CONNECTIONS -

RUNWAYS | TAXIWAYS

RUNWAYS

EDITABLE FLIGHT PATTERN DIRECTION

There are many times I would like to change the runway landing/take-off pattern directions. To do this you have to delete the runway and re-construct it. It would be a wonderful change in feature to be able to change the landing/take-off flight paths. What does everyone else think?

RUNWAY DESIGNATOR MARKINGS (#’S & L, C, & R)

Pictures

This is a realistic feature that would make designing and building a real-life airport more fun and enjoyable. There are many times that I use up all the space allowed to build an airport in Airport CEO and I have to turn my design around to where the runways are not even close to the correct Designator Markings. For example, I was making an airport (let’s say Atlanta International) and I couldn’t even build the airport where the runways matched close to the real Atlanta real runway numbers. 27/9 in Airport CEO and 27R/L-9L/R at ATL.

I would love to see a possibility, when clicking on a runway and pulling up the runway menu, to edit the Runway Designator Markings. This would include:

The runway #s (headings)

This includes adding a zero (0) in front of the single digit runways for international runways.

Parallel Runways Markings

L – (left)

R – (right)

C- (center)

This could be done a few different ways. Here are a couple I can think of:

1. Add all possible numbers and letter to the menu for a drop-down selection option.
    1. Make a text box to type in the runway numbers and heading.

This would also require an edit to the add runway length feature as it says add more runway to the North/South/East/West). Not sure what other things would have to be fixed or adjusted for this one.

ASSIGNED GATES TO RUNWAY

There are so many times at my large airports that aircraft decide to take the longest path to get to the furthest runway. I would be a wonderful feature to have the option to assign stands to runways or runways to gates. This would either be a toggle which like many of the stands and runways already have or a checkbox option.

I know many of people have argued before that it’s not very realistic. To that I say some of us would like that feature as its super annoying when you have multiple aircraft going the long route and clogging up the taxiways by doing so. There should also be an option to select all runways was well for those that want the aircraft to decide with runways they utilize.

DISPLACED THRESHOLDS & BLAST PADS

Pictures

I would love to see the introduction to displaced thresholds and blast pads. Blast pad mostly for cosmetic effect, but displaced threshold so that aircraft can line up on the runway priort the the start of the runway. They use to be able to do this prior to the introduction to the new runway exit/enter connectors, however, I have not ben able to get my aircraft to enter a departure runway from the very end of it.

If anyone knows how to get your aircraft to do this, please let me know or instead leave your opinion on this subject! Cheers!

TAXIWAYS

HOLD SHORT MARKINGS & POSITION

Taxiway to Runway Hold Short Lines

Pictures

Taxiway-Taxiway Intersection Hold Short Lines

Pictures

This was a feature that use to be available before one-way/directional taxiways were introduced. It would be wonderful if Hold short lines were brought back to Airport CEO that would require aircraft to give way to other aircraft on a perpendicular runway without a hold short line, etc… It would also be great to set hold short areas on turns and other locations to keep aircraft from coming so close to the aircraft in-front of them.

Any changes or additional thoughts to hold short lines?

1 Like
CHECK-IN DESKS -
FLIGHT SCHEDULER -
ROADS -
STANDS -
ZONING & CONNECTIONS -

SECURITY CHECKPOINTS

Checkpoint Design Guide Link (PDF)

PROPOSED DESIGN EXAMPLE

Using an example from the TSA Checkpoint Design Guide I came up with a new design for Security Checkpoints. They can either be implemented as a replacement to the current Security Checkpoints or they could be added as an upgrade (with an upgrade cost) like the Baggage System Upgrades.

There would be a couple changes with the new design.

1. Grid dimensions would change to approximately 4-6 x 12-14 to accommodate the longer equipment support and extra staff needed. However due to them being longer and thinner there would not be a major space change. If anything, these new modular Checkpoints might take up less room than the current medium Checkpoints.

1. More staff positions would be required (8 possible positions total or more?).
    • a. Possible Security Staff Locations:
      • i. (1) Entrance (TDC Officer) – checking passenger Identifications
      • ii. (2) Each end of the X-Ray scanner
      • iii. (1) At the X-Ray Scanner
      • iv. (1) Escorting passengers through the WTMD (Walk Through Metal Detector)
      • v. (1) Exit Podium
      • vi. (1-2) Doing passenger bag and body room searches.

1. Queue change from 1 queue line for every Checkpoint to 1 or more queue line per group. There would be a need for a queue line item added to the menu. The queue line would be built on the edge of the security zone, next to the checkpoints.
    • a. Staff
    • b. RBS/Premium Passenger – explained in queue section
    • c. Regular/Economy Passenger

1. 2 Signs added at the entrance of each queue line.

1. Checkpoints no longer have queue lines attached to each one. Therefore, you can place the Checkpoints on a Secure Zone near the edge (with room between the que line exit and the checkpoint entrances for passengers and staff to walk. There will be two Checkpoints to pick from that mirror one another for creating multiple lines of checkpoints.

1. There would be possible new equipment added to the Security Checkpoints and queues including:
    • a. Security Directional and Instructional Signs at the entrance of each queue.
    • b. Travel Document Checker (TDC), Credential Authentication Technology (CAT) and TDC officer at the TDC Podium - entrance of the new Security Checkpoints.
    • c. Bin Cart and Bins at the start and end of each Checkpoint Scanning Line
    • d. Divest Table
    • e. Advance Imaging Technology (this would be a separate upgrade and item to place between a set of checkpoints).
    • f. Solid barriers around the exterior of each checkpoint instead of stanchions.
    • g. ADA/Access Gate
    • h. Passenger Private Screening Room (PSR) – (another possible upgrade and separate item to place at the exit of 1 or more checkpoints)
    • i. Secondary Screening Items including:
      • i. ETD, BLS, Mobile Cabinet
    • j. Bag search Table
    • k. Passenger search position chair and Staff Desk
    • l. Composure Bench – (possible item to add as an upgrade with the PSRs)
    • m. STSO Podium with- STSO Officer

1. There would also be an addition AIT (Advanced Imaging Technology) item that you could build between each line of Checkpoints for added security. This item is not shown in my example below but is explain In the Equipment list below. This could be offered as an addition upgrade as well like the Specific Baggage Bay Scanner Upgrades.

1. There would be a toggle menu for both the Security Checkpoints and The Security Queue Lines to select which queue line and which checkpoint allows what group of passengers/staff. The toggle for the queue would only allow one toggle per que, however, you would be able to allow 1 or all 3 groups to pass through one checkpoint modular station.

1. Developers would be able to add as many of the equipment listed below as space and coding permits or make any other adjustments as needed of course.

Here is a sample Security Checkpoint from the Checkpoint Design Guide Link (PDF)

Pictures

Here is an example of how the new Checkpoints, queue lines would work and look in APCEO (without the extra equipment listed above and below). These checkpoints I created are equal to 4 x 12 on the grid = 48 squares instead of the current 8 x 8 medium checkpoint = 64 squares. So there is plenty of room to add in the extra equipment listed below. Another feature that would be nice to add is to add boarder around the exterior of all the Checkpoints with the Solid barriers equipment listed below (kinda like adding fencing in the game).

Pictures

Here are examples of the new menus for the new Security Checkpoints and Queue lines. (note that the Checkpoint menu does not have a purple “build que” button.)

Pictures

Here are examples of the three lines you would want to have at each security checkpoint area, however you would have free ability to design as you desire with the multiple options you would have. You could have a Security Checkpoint for only the two groups of passengers and a separate one for staff, the options of almost endless.

Pictures

Checkpoint Flow Chart:

Pictures

Example of real airport upgrade with this type of security design:

Pictures

MODULAR SECURITY SCREENING CHECKPOINT (SSCP) EQUIPMENT ELEMENTS

SECURITY INSTRUCTIONAL & DIRECTIONAL SIGNS

SECURITY INSTRUCTIONAL & DIRECTIONAL SIGNS

Directional Signs instruct passengers on where to go during the screening process, including providing direction to separate queue and screening lanes. The goal is to provide clear and concise directions so that passengers react quicker and overall time in the queue is minimized.

Instructional Signs provide passengers with instructions on the screening process. These signs advise passengers on how to properly divest of their possessions and how to place those items in the bins.

These Instructional and Directional signs could show up at the end and/or beginning of each queue when the cue Is built.

QUEUES

QUEUES

The queue is where passengers stand in line at the front of the checkpoint on the non-sterile side. The exclusive use of strap stanchions is inadequate to fully secure the checkpoint. Solid barrier stanchions are required along the boundary of TDC/CAT podium positions and the flanking side limits of the queue.

Here is where things take a major change from the current Security Checkpoints. Instead of having a queue for each security checkpoint, I purpose removing the queue from each individual checkpoint and adding a separate item to build. The “queue” item would show up somewhere in the Security Menu.

There would be 3 options for each queue line you add to a secure zone (near to the security checkpoints)

• Staff/Employee – Priority over RBS/Premier and Regular Passenger/Economy queues.

• RBS*/Premier – Priority over Economy Passenger queues.

• Regular Passenger/Economy – No Priority

Risk Based Screening (RBS) is a method of defining a passenger’s credentials prior to the security screening process. Although only a few RBS methods are in place today, TSA and other organizations plan on expanding RBS in the future. TSAPre is an example of an RBS program which is currently expanding to airports across the country.

The queues would be placed along the edge of the “secure zone” and the entrance and build queue would expand out on the “non-secure zone” side with the queue exit on the “secure zone” side.

One queue at a time instead of 3 is another option. Then the user can add as many queue’s as they please or only stick with one. There would be a queue toggle menu as well. When you click on the queue. There would be 3 toggles that you could select. Only one toggle can be set for each queue and the other two toggles would grey out once a group is selected for that queue.

REASONS FOR ONLY ONE QUEUE LINE FOR EACH SECURITY STATION

This type of queue design/set-up is becoming more and more popular.

The time waiting in line remains constant whether there is one line or two, but movement is faster in one line. According to Richard Larson of MIT, considered to be an authority on lines, the psychology of queuing is more important than the statistics of the wait itself. Unoccupied time (standing still) feels longer than occupied time (moving). We prefer to keep moving.

This also keeps everyone in the queue in the same order they arrived at the queue. No longer will passengers get moved to the end of a line if they security checkpoint they when to closed down for whatever reasons.

PLUS, you only have to build one que and not 20 for the 20 security checkpoints you just built!!!

TRAVEL DOCUMENT CHECKER (TDC), CREDENTIAL AUTHENTICATION TECHNOLOGY (CAT) & TDC PODIUM

TRAVEL DOCUMENT CHECKER (TDC), CREDENTIAL AUTHENTICATION TECHNOLOGY (CAT) & TDC PODIUM

TSA checks passenger identification and boarding passes at the exit of the queue with enough space for passage occurring between the exit of the podium and the screening lanes. The TDC officer stands or sits at the TDC or CAT podium and verifies that all the necessary documents are in order. The CAT integrates different technologies that independently verify travel documents such as a driver’s license or passport. The CAT analyzes security features and barcodes on a passenger’s ID to identify fraudulent documents. The CAT compares the independently verified ID to validate the passenger’s identity and allow access to the screening checkpoint.

BIN CART

BIN CART

Bins are the gray containers located on a cart at the front and back of each checkpoint lane. Passengers use bins to divest themselves of their personal belongings such as purses, carry-on bags, backpacks, laptops, shoes, jackets, etc. Bin carts are similar to a hand cart or dolly that allows for the transport of a large number of bins without requiring excessive lifting or carrying by a TSA agent.

DIVEST TABLE

DIVEST TABLE

Divest tables are provided for passengers to stage their bins side- by-side so they can deposit their personal items into the bins. The divest table allows passengers to slide their bins to the infeed of the X-ray.

CARRY-ON BAG SCREENING

CARRY-ON BAG SCREENING

Carry-on bag screening is mandatory at an SSCP. It can be accomplished by deploying AT1 or AT2 equipment. Generally, this equipment has the following components:

• Loading Table/Entrance Roller
  • Queuing Conveyor & Hood (Vendor Specific AT2 Only)
  • Scanning Belt & Dome
  • High Speed Conveyor (HSC) & Hood
  • Extension Rollers
  • Exit Roller with Bag Stop
  • Manual Diverter Roller (MDR) (AT2 only)
  • Alternate Viewing Station (AVS) (AT2 only)

ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY (AT) X-RAY UNITS

ADVANCE TECHNOLOGY (AT) X-RAY UNITS

The AT X-ray is the next generation of X-ray equipment that will replace the TRX. The AT X-ray is wider, longer, heavier, and draws more power than its TRX counterpart. Refer to Figure 2-11. This larger size improves the screening capability by capturing a bottom and side view of carry-on bags inside the dome and producing two high resolution images for TSA to review.

MANUAL DIVERTER ROLLER (MDR)

MANUAL DIVERTER ROLLER (MDR)

The MDR is a non-powered, gravity fed, stand-alone roller located on the operator side of any AT2 unit at the alarm bag cutout.

COMPOSURE/EXTENSION ROLLERS

COMPOSURE/EXTENSION ROLLERS

The TRX and AT units have a High-Speed Conveyor (HSC) covered by a tunnel located directly after the scanning belt. A carry-on bag arrives at the HSC after the bag has cleared the image review by the TSO. The HSC carries cleared bags to the composure/extension rollers where passengers can retrieve their personal items. These rollers are either called composure/extension rollers or exit rollers depending on the vendor and where they are installed on the TRX or AT.

WALK THROUGH METAL DETECTOR (WTMD)

WALK THROUGH METAL DETECTOR (WTMD)

The WTMD is used for passenger screening. It is an archway used to detect concealed metallic items and/or contraband.

ADVANCE IMAGING TECHNOLOGY (AIT)

ADVANCE IMAGING TECHNOLOGY (AIT)

The Advanced Imaging Technology (AIT) provides an additional element of passenger screening by being able to detect a broad spectrum of materials concealed in or under a passenger’s clothing. The L3 ProVision portal uses millimeter wave imaging technology, similar to the type of waves a cell phone emits, to generate clear views of the items in question.

BARRIERS

BARRIERS

In order to prevent passengers and items from passing into the sterile area from the non-sterile area without being screened, barriers must be installed to close all gaps exceeding 12” across the front width or façade of the checkpoint. All barriers must be flush with the floor and be at least 48” above finished floor (AFF). Barriers must be rigid enough to prevent vibrations that could interfere with the WTMD and must be self-supporting to reduce any potential hazard to passengers and personnel at the checkpoint.

ADA/ACCESS GATE

ADA/ACCESS GATE

The ADA gate on the passenger side is part of the line that separates the non-sterile area from the sterile area. The ADA gate allows passengers that cannot otherwise traverse the WTMD or AIT to reach the sterile area. The ADA gate is typically used by wheelchair passengers, passengers requiring special assistance, or passengers with pacemakers.

PASSENGER INSPECTION PRIVATE SCREENING ROOM (PSR)

PASSENGER INSPECTION PRIVATE SCREENING ROOM (PSR)

Passenger inspection can occur at the screening lanes, at the secondary screening area, or in a private room at or near the checkpoint.

SECONDARY SCREENING

SECONDARY SCREENING

Secondary screening is additional screening that may be required for passengers and their bags when they alarm primary screening equipment. It is an area that is approximately 3’-0” to 5’-0” from the end of the screening lanes in order to minimize travel time and the distance that TSOs have to carry bags. Secondary screening is typically located in the “dead” operator space on back-to-back lanes or at the end of the lane for odd numbered lanes. This area should be clear of exiting passengers. The secondary screening area typically consists of Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) unit, a Bottle Liquid Scanner (BLS), an AVS (previously discussed in Section 2.5), a Mobile Cabinet, a search table and a passenger search chair and mate.

EXPLOSIVE TRACE DETECTION (ETD) & BOTTLE LIQUID SCANNER (BLS)

EXPLOSIVE TRACE DETECTION (ETD) & BOTTLE LIQUID SCANNER (BLS)

ETD units are used to swab carry-on bags that have alarmed at the TRX, AT or AutoEDS. These units should be contained within a mobile cabinet but can sometimes be found sitting directly on a search table.

Portable Explosive Trace Detection (ETD) units on a movable stand can be located at the exit of the AIT to perform additional screening when there are excess ETD units on site. With the exception of Category X sites, TSA HQ OSC will not procure additional ETD units for this location. This can be on either side of the AIT exit depending on where the power/data is located

MOBILE CABINET

MOBILE CABINET

Mobile Security Cabinets provide a secure and vented storage area for secondary screening equipment. There are two mobile cabinets that should be used for secondary screening. The ETD Mobile Cabinet is common in the field today. It encloses the ETD and operational, testing, and maintenance supplies. The ETD-BLS Mobile Cabinet will enclose the ETD and BLS, as well as operational, testing, and maintenance supplies.

BAG SEARCH TABLE

BAG SEARCH TABLE

Bag search tables are used for target bag searches, ETD swabbing, and BLS testing. The stainless steel surface allows TSA to provide a clean, contaminant-free surface.

PASSENGER SEARCH POSITION

PASSENGER SEARCH POSITION

When a passenger’s body or bag alarms during primary screening, they are escorted to a passenger search position within the secondary screening area unless the passenger requests private screening. Passenger inspection at the secondary screening area consists of a 6’-0” by 6’-0” area that includes a passenger inspection chair and mat.

COMPOSURE BENCH

COMPOSURE BENCH

Egress seating at the checkpoint is used for passengers to sit down and compose themselves with their personal belongings after completing the screening process. The screening experience is greatly improved if passengers can sit down to put their shoes and jackets on. TSA provides composure benches approximately 14’-0” from an AIT depending on the equipment arrangement. This area is typically out of the main passenger flow.

STSO PODIUM

STSO PODIUM

The Supervisory Transportation Security Officer (STSO) should be positioned at a podium near the checkpoint exit. The STSO should be able to perform administrative duties while viewing and supervising the entire screening operation. The location should have an unobstructed view of the checkpoint.

SSCP STANDARD ARRANGEMENT FIVE-LANE LAYOUT

Pictures

SSCP ARRANGEMENT RECOMMENDED SPACING

Pictures

1 Like
CHECK-IN DESKS -
FLIGHT SCHEDULER -
ROADS Added Link
STANDS -
ZONING & CONNECTIONS -

Fix Based Operator (FBO) businesses & services for charter & GA aircraft.

GA are so underprivileged and boring in the game. This would also tie in charter services for our charter airlines. And in general make the GA aspect of the game more entertaining, make GA more profitable than it currently is (not) etc…

This would include:

• General Aircraft - tie-downs, box hangers and T-hangers (leasable and day rentable)
  • Charter Stands (already in the game - medium/small & maybe large) made to have flights scheduled - we can kinda do this already - but tie in the FBO with the charter stands
  • FBO business added in game and provide services to charter stands (medium/small & maybe large) & GA tie-downs/box & T-hangers
  • FBO Services could include (and fees associated with each):
    • stand/hanger/tie-down leasing/day-rental (aircraft would always stay at the airport other than daily/multi-day flights through the term of the lease)
    • aircraft rentals (aircraft would stay at airport and take flights from and back to the airport)
    • maintenance services
    • training services (kinda like a/c rentals) etc…
  • Fueling Services & service road connections - instead of roads connected to the GA tie-downs/hangers you would have a special pad that they could go and fuel up or you could connect a road to the tie-downs/hangers (like the de-icing pads) to make fuel truck services available to them. (This would also be nice to make possible for all the stands so that you could put 2 remote stands together with 1 two-way road between them instead of 2 two-way roads)

We should also be able to:

• add checking, boarding, & security-checkpoints to the charter/GA facility areas. We would make this a separate “terminal” area (once the terminal release comes).
  • make it possible for the bus/car/taxi stops to drop off only charter/GA owners- & passengers (if ever added) at the FBO facility locations for check-in, boarding & maybe security. (no other passengers for commercial airlines would be dropped off at those locations).
  • make the future release public parking lots assignable to the FBO “terminal” areas.

Can we have GA tie-downs and box/T-hangers that don’t take up as much space as a small stands. I would love to have more GA areas incorporated at my airports but the small stands take up so much space compared to how small the GA aircraft are and leave so much unused space that the GA don’t use (the road and turn around area). Just an idea :slight_smile:

And make it possible to have GA tie-downs and/or box/T-hangers leasable or day rentable. The GA that lease the spots will stay at the airport and leave for day/multi-day flights and then other aircraft can fly in and rent a spot for the day or multiple days. This would incorporate the GA aspect of the game a little more. Maybe create FBO companies that provide the above services for the game and connect them to the GA hanger/tie-downs & charter stands.

How many of us only have GA aircraft at their airport to get through the tutorial in the beginning and then get rid of them afterwards? OR how many don’t even put GA at their airport and ignore the tutorial? This would make it a little more fun with the GA and a way to make it useful to have them at the airport and make a little more money than you would without the leasing/day rentals…

Right now for my charter stands I have to have the passengers enter the main terminal with all other passengers and then take a shuttle bus to the “remote” stand. So having them be able to park or be dropped off at the FBO facility area would help a lot. And still be able to use connected stands or remotes stands at the FBO Facility “Terminal”.

What do you all think?

Thanks for the consideration!

1 Like
CHECK-IN DESKS -
FLIGHT SCHEDULER -
ROADS Added Link
STANDS -
ZONING & CONNECTIONS -

ROADS

Above ground/ground level/sub-ground Arrival/Departure Multiple lane drop-off/pickups

• Dedicated Arrival/Departure (assignable to terminals and as arrivals or departures with a toggle witch on the bus/car/taxi menu) - to keep from traffic building up.
  • Multiple lanes including:
    • Load/unload lane
    • Maneuver land
    • Through lane
  • This would be a separate item you could build that could be attached to one way public road. The item would split into multiple one way lanes as in the picture.
  • you would have a start item that would split into multiple lines and then an end item that would bring it back to 1 - oneway lane. and a middle section to make it as long as you want to.
  • you could attach bus/car/taxi stops to it. For example only busses for the commercial drop off, and cars/taxi for private drop offs. You could stack them and put either elevators underneath for passenger access or crosswalks across them for passenger access to the 2nd layer one.

1 Like

love all of the sudgestions although I would like to see some parking (for passengers of the flight)

I believe parking lots are coming soon !

1 Like

yeah, I have to get rid of some of the items in my table of contents as I made this before the latest DevBlog 135…

I love the Idea of cargo (freight) and that side of an airport. Is that being considered?

@flight60

From what I know they are done adding major content/features and now working on the beta version of the game where they will fix all the major and minor issues of the game and then release to the public as a finished product … Not sure if this will be something add at all if not way down the line in some other method.

that’s why I stopped adding to my ideas and didn’t complete this because they said they were, at the time, done adding new content/featers and had the rest of the game planned out through beta.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.