Hello, so i wanted to show my airport.
Welcome to Copenhagen Airport.
We have:
Two RWYs
40 Medium gates
4 Big gates.
5 Remote stands (medium)
Let’s begin the tour.

The irport is built in two Terminals that are pretty much identical. The small third building on the right side is the Operations and HQ building.

The north side of the apron consists of De-icing and remote stands.

Most infrastructure is below ground to allow for more stands. So when you arrive you will be going directly underground to find parking, bus stops, taxi, drop-off points and subway stations.
The small building in the bottom is the underground entrance to the Operations and HQ.

When you come inside you will be greeted with a red carpet ofc and a well staffed information. Beyond that is then check-in. We are for the moment waiting for some new equipment for self-check-in.

When you continue thru the check-in hall you arrive at the Security hall. And to either side is baggage claim for T1 and T2. Right after security you will enter the tax-free shops. It’s still to be built, but will house two shops. On one the left side, and one on the right.

This is the ground floor of one of the terminals. Since they are identical we only need to show one. On this floor you have Crew-rooms. For now it’s two, but more is to be built. You also have all the baggage bays and parking.

One floor above you have the departure area. With all the gates entrances. There is still some furniture to be delivered and put into place. But the big part is done.

Above the departure area we have a hole floor that can house almost anything. Yes i know we can’t get here because we haven’t installed the escalators yet! The plans is to house some crew-rooms up here, lounges and restaurants and also the crew-rooms for flight crews. But for now it’s all one big observation deck. Let’s go to the last building, Operations and HQ.

Welcome to the Operations and HQ building.
This is the ground floor with staff parking and the lobby. As shown before there is also an entrance below us.
Let’s go upstairs.

Here we are. Starting from the right side we have the CEOs office.
Then two meeting rooms.
Followed buy the other executives offices.
The big office is the Administrators office.
And the last office, the one in the top left corner, is the Operation center or Control room, where all the executives can handle situations on site while sitting together and having full overview of the airport. It’s mostly used for when we have a bigger situation on our hands.

Thank you for taking the tour. Please give tips and ideas for improvement. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Looks really nice! Make sure to plan ahead for Alpha 35 features such as international/domestic flights, passport control, restaurants, lounges and etc…

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll try to do that :stuck_out_tongue: not easy haha.

1 Like

Very nice!
I really like how you’ve integrated vehicle parking on ground floor!

But am I blind, or do you really not have built any shops/cafes…?

Nevertheless, I would really like to see it “in action”… perhaps you could provide additional information, after opening it… :slight_smile:

additional, more detailed, feedback (feel free to ignore it ;-) )

In general, I love your design!
And on my next project, I will definitely use the convey belt system, you’ve chosen… :wink:

I see these difficulties when operating this airport:

• not enough boarding gates - I just extended to 3 desks per medium stand to speed up boarding
  • no shops/cafes/toilets in departure area (at gates): pax will run away to fulfil their needs and be late for boarding.
  • no staffrooms in departure area (at gates): PSAs are generally tending to be late, in big airports, lots of staffrooms near boarding desks can help a little…
  • 17 medium security are imho not sufficient for that much stands - according to how tight you’ll schedule your flights, even with 2hrs time spread I’m afraid pax will queue very very long, here…
  • not enough runways: 2 runways will not be sufficient, if all gates are open: I’m operating actually 16L+25M stands, meaning 41 planes, on 4 (!) runways and its just working. I assume your runway entry/taxiway design is better, but nevertheless I think all stands (auto-planned, 120mins spread) won’t work…

Just my 2cents…

Looking forward to an update how it is going with operating this airport! :slightly_smiling_face:

PS: You can see my actual huge airport here: Feel free to comment mine, too… :wink:
Another "monster": 69 stands (16L/53M) half opened serving >39k pax

Cool :slight_smile:
Q: But am I blind, or do you really not have built any shops/cafes…?
A: I haven’t yet. But i have the space for them. Taxfree will come directly after Security checkpoints.

Q: “not enough boarding gates - I just extended to 3 desks per medium stand to speed up boarding”
A: For medium gates i never have problem with boarding via only 1 desk, i don’t know why. No problem to upgrade if needed.

Q"no shops/cafes/toilets in departure area (at gates): pax will run away to fulfill their needs and be late for boarding."
A: They will be built on floor 3. Above the departure area. Have Wc already and a staffroom for SPA

Q:“no staffrooms in departure area (at gates)” Same, built above departure floor.
A: Have one for PSA so far,

Q: “17 medium security are imho not sufficient for that much stands - according to how tight you’ll schedule your flights, even with 2hrs time spread I’m afraid pax will queue very very long, here…”
A: We shall see :smiley: Will be fun haha.

Q: “not enough runways: 2 runways will not be sufficient, if all gates are open: I’m operating actually 16L+25M stands, meaning 41 planes, on 4 (!) runways and its just working. I assume your runway entry/taxiway design is better, but nevertheless I think all stands (auto-planned, 120mins spread) won’t work…”
A: PROBABLY haha :stuck_out_tongue: I like cues i guess hahah XD. Give me more land and i shall build more runways.

Thx for your feedback :smiley: I had i brief look at yours. I hope it will work. Looks like tight corridors for a few thousand pax haha.

2 Likes

Updated my airport. Built a new security area and shops. Also did other adjustments. WIll show later.

1 Like

Is it published on the workshop?

Nope, i can do that at some point if wanted?

1 Like

I would be very curious to experiment with your airport … so if you can publish it I would be grateful!

Will work on it and try and get it out next week :slight_smile:
Last time i tried it did not work. But absolutely worth a try.
Will post here when done.

1 Like

can you show an updated picture? mainly where your new escalators go to on the floors above? maybe a whole map view of each floor? some things done match each picture?

I would really like to see the updated airport in Alpha 35! :wink:

1 Like

which direction do your baggage belts flow? trying to do a similar design in my own airport but not been playing too long! forgive me

Will show pics after A35 drops when i have updated. Will show baggage then also. @danielscott63

1 Like

Does @danielscott63 know that he sent it to himself?

3 Likes

cannot wait to see your new version for a35!

Took a look, it’s very much to change for A35, But might do it at some point. I did make a new airport, same style, different layout. Will share pics when i’m done. But i have an idea how to update this airport as well. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This airport will be closed for now.
Since the A35 update dropped on experimental all my saved are atm not working correctly. The logo doesn’t load and staff is not picking up work. Don’t know when or if i will pick up at this airport again. I will keep the save for now. Hopefully the problems are resolved. I am currently focusing on two other airports.

1 Like