Names in the Game

I just realised that it’s Friday today… I take back my words… The video MAY not come this week.

1 Like

Would you have to do that? Because I prefer not to have to spend my money to keep playing a game I already payed for. (unless it is an in-app purchase to help me keep moving along)

They didn’t suggest that you have to pay to keep playing, just for limited perks like name in the game which of course isn’t essential to gameplay.

This idea sounds cool. To have your own name in the game or to say you had a part in creating it.
However as stated above it does add more work for the devs plus it only benefits you.

Only you know where that employee is at, r even, that 1 single passenger of 5000 passengers.
No one is going to go through every single passenger to find them all.

It dos help in a way that the devs don’t have to be as creative.
The players come up with bios names history.
They would just have to approve then it’s a copy paste into each section for 1 big release of all.

Think of it this way though.
After release months later. Someone pays extra to have their name in the game.
They take 5 minutes out to approve and code it.
Submit it to steam to manually update your account with the change. Which is not easy to do. Getting different coding designated to each account by steam.
or
Submit to steam to update all games across the board to update just your name added in.

I don’t want to have to keep updating my game every day week month just to add names in the game I don’t pay that much attention to anyway.

So I pass on this idea all together. If you wanted to pay an extra $1-5 for artwork, concept art, soundtrack, ect;
just contribute to the game as a whole.

Yes. However it had better be good.
Don’t pay $20 to come up with a CEO who’s background is.

Well I lernt skool at podunk town. I had a job once before, like ummm… yers ago
I like to have fun and partie.

and you they have to put it in because you paid your $$$.
This is where it gets developers in trouble.

There has to be a way for you to give them support but there’s a fine line.

I say just contribute on forums. Buy the game. Contribute more on forums.
Everyone has done their part.

As far as thos commenting about price.
We will see when it comes out.
About that much is fair.

I’d rather this not be allowed except a local txt file if users want their own airports to have this. I hated in PA when idiots went political and made Trump and Hillary prisoners. If i wanted a political game i would have bought that. Something more substantial like allowing people to spend 10-20 bucks to design an airline that is acceptable to the devs would be nice though.

It would also be useful to allow custom names to appear in game as it helps some YouTubers put their followers/patrons in game. I think indy titles from small studios like this really benefit from lets play exposure, I can certainly attest to buying at least 10 games purely because Ii watched a lets play episode/series, in fact it’s how I found out about this game even though its not even released!

Have the system like the Prison Architect Name in the Game, you sign up on the site with the key code from steam which tells the system that you have brought name in the game and submit it it there which can be changed at a future date.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.