[NEW Concourse A/B Pictures!] -- Albuquerque International | Sunport (ABQ) -- Gates-22 med + 6 sm + GA & Charter

Welcome to my new Airport Design thread. I decided to put SFO on hold for a bit as I learned how to use Adobe Xd for designing. My keyboard is acting up and double spacing randomly which adds periods all the time, so I will keep this short and show mostly what I have designed so far. Taking computer into Apple tomorrow to get the keyboard checked out. which means no computer and APCEO for a bit. :sob:

Update: Got my laptop back today from apple with a new keyboard and a few other parts and it is so much nicer to type on! WOO HOO! no more double spaces or letters! Anyhow. I worked on the lower Level 1 design today (Floor -1) after I got my computer back. You can see the design below. While my computer was gone I put together a color coding key for the airport zones. I also added that below.

Airport Info:

Albuquerque International | Sunport (ABQ)

What I have designed so far, more to be added later.

I decided to go with ABQ because the terminal is very right angled and easy to design for AirportCEO, it has a reasonable gate # (22 medium) and they do de-icing, however, there are no pads at the real ABQ. The runways and taxiways were not easy to design as they are at weird angles, so the runways and taxiways I added were designed to allow for maximum airport facility areas.

Levels (floors) - 4

Gates

• 22 medium
  • 3 small (not added in design yet)
  • ?? General Aviation
  • ?? Charter

Runways - 3

• 2 Medium for Commercial/Charter
  • 1 Small for General Aviation/Charter

De-Icing Depots - 2
De-Icing Pads - 2 Medium, ? Small

Airport Research Material

Link to ABQ Website Terminal Maps

ABQ Terminal Maps

Level 1 - Baggage Claim

Level 2 - Ticketing and Commuter Gates

Level 3 - Concessions, Security Checkpoints

Level 3 - Concourse A

Level 3 - Concourse B

ABQ Master Plan (2018) Inventory Material

Link to ABQ 2018 Master Plan

Terminal Building Level 1

Terminal Building Level 2

Terminal Building Level 3

Terminal Building -Penthouse Roof Plan

Terminal Gate & Apron Details

Albuquerque International | Sunport (ABQ) - AirportCEO Master Plan (Draft 1)

Zone Color Code Key

Albuquerque International | Sunport AirportCEO Design (created on Adobe Xd)

All Layers

Level 1 - AirportCEO Floor -1

Level 2 - AirportCEO Floor 0

Level 3 - AirportCEO Floor 1

Level 4 - AirportCEO Floor 1

ABQ Airlines

Commercial

Commercial

Alaska Airlines Alaska
HorizonAirSkyWestAirlines
Allegiant Airlines Allegiant
American Airlines AmericanAmericanEagle
CompassAirlinesEnvoyAirMesaAirlinesSkyWestAirlines
Frontier Airlines Frontier
Delta Air Lines Delta_InvDeltaConnection
CompassAirlinesSkyWestAirlines
JetBlue Airways JetBlue
Southwest Airlines Southwest
United Airlines United UnitedExpress
ExpressJetAirlinesMesaAirlinesRepublicAirwaysSkyWestAirlines

Commuter

Commuter

Advanced Air AdvanceAir
Boutique Air BoutiqueAir

Charter

Charter

Elite Airways EliteAirways
Swift Air SwiftAir
Xtra Airways XtraAirways

Franchises (Food & Shops)

Info

Today I created all the food and franchises at ABQ with a shop and food franchise added in both the baggage claim and observation deck locations. Here is a list of all the shop and food franchises I created including:

• Name
  • .json file & logoPath name (no spaces, punctuation or special characters)
  • businessClass #
  • franchiseType (for the food franchises)
  • Description (in the 2nd table)

CEOName - I used “Jonathan Small – ABQ Marketing Manager” for all of them

ABQ Shops and Food Link

Food Franchises
Name Class # Type .json & .png file name
Baskin Robbins Ice Cream 3 Restaurant BaskinRobbinsIceCream
Black Mesa Coffee (L1) 2 Cafe BlackMesaCoffeeL1
Black Mesa Coffee (L3 Gate A9) 4 Cafe BlackMesaCoffeeL3GateA9
Black Mesa Coffee (L3 MH) 4 Cafe BlackMesaCoffeeL3MH
Comida Buena 3 Restaurant ComidaBuena
Keva Juice 3 Cafe KevaJuice
La Trattoria 3 Restaurant LaTrattoria
Panda Express 3 Restaurant PandaExpress
Rio Grande Brew Pub & Grill 4 Restaurant RioGrandeBrewPubGrill
Route 66 Lounge 3 Bar Route66Lounge
Schlotsky’s 3 Restaurant Schlotskys
Snack Attack 3 Restaurant SnackAttack
Tia Juanita’s New Mexican Food 4 Restaurant TiaJuanitasNewMexicanFood
Tia Juanita’s Pronto 3 Restaurant TiaJuanitasPronto
Watch! Sports Lounge and Grill (L3) 3 Restaurant WatchSportsLoungeandGrillL3
Watch! Sports Lounge and Grill (L4) 4 Restaurant WatchSportsLoungeandGrillL4
Food Franchise Descriptions
Name Description
ABQ 2 GO Need last-minute gifts? Stop by our kiosk and take a look at our wide selection of souvenirs. We have everything from T-shirts to Mexican blankets, you won’t leave empty handed.
ABQ Style Looking for a unique gift? We offer a variety of Southwest clothing, accessories and souvenirs. Take your time and browse our kiosk, you are sure to find just what you need for that special person.
Destination New Mexico Unique Albuquerque Style artifacts.
Earth Spirit A handcrafted jewelry and gift gallery with an emphasis on New Mexico. This gallery celebrates contemporary handcrafted jewelry, inspired home decor, functional pottery, decorative stoneware, beautiful glass, eclectic recycled works, wearable art and eclectic gifts.
Greetings from NM A New Mexico regional gift store celebrating all that makes New Mexico special. Iconic New Mexico t-shirts and souvenirs, a large selection of New Mexico regional foods, and locally made gifts such as candles, soaps, home décor and more.
Hudson Book Sellers We offer a full array of travelers’ necessities including magazines, books, health and beauty aids, convenience items, as well as grab-and-go snack foods and beverages. We also carry travel accessories, toys and electronics.
Hudson News (L3 A8-14) We offer a full array of travelers’ necessities including magazines, books, health and beauty aids, convenience items, as well as grab-and-go snack foods and beverages. We also carry travel accessories, toys and electronics.
Hudson News (L3 B5) We offer a full array of traveler’s necessities including magazines, books, snacks, health and beauty aids, convenience items and beverages. We also carry travel accessories and electronics.
Hudson News (L3 MH) We offer a full array of travelers’ necessities including magazines, books, health and beauty aids, convenience items, as well as grab-and-go snack foods and beverages. We also carry travel accessories, toys and electronics.
Hudson News (L4) We offer a full array of travelers’ necessities including magazines, books, health and beauty aids, convenience items, as well as grab-and-go snack foods and beverages. We also carry travel accessories, toys and electronics.
Sundancer Trading Co. We offer a variety of gift items to suit any occasion. Browse through our stunning display of Native American handmade items such as sterling silver and 14k gold jewelry, pottery, drums, dream catchers, sand paintings and rugs.
Sunport Boutique On your way out, don’t be left without that very important gift. Please stop and shop our wide variety of unique souvenirs, accessories and jewelry. You won’t be disappointed.
Thunderbird Curio Shop our extensive selection of unique souvenirs and gifts. You are sure to find something for everyone, including T-shirts, mugs, local foods, shot glasses, key chains, southwestern specialty items and toys.
Food Franchise Logos

Some of these I had to make up with generic logos online like Snack Attack and LaTrattoria
BaskinRobbinsIceCream BlackMesaCoffeeL1 ComidaBuena
KevaJuiceLaTrattoriaPandaExpress
RioGrandeBrewPubGrillRoute66LoungeSchlotskys
SnackAttackTiaJuanitasNewMexicanFoodWatchSportsLoungeandGrillL3

Shop Franchises
Name Class # .json & .png file name
ABQ 2 GO 3 ABQ2GO
ABQ Style 2 ABQStyle
Destination New Mexico 4 DestinationNewMexico
Earth Spirit 4 EarthSpirit
Greetings from NM 4 GreetingsfromNM
Hudson Book Sellers 4 HudsonBookSellers
Hudson News (L3 A8-14) 4 HudsonNewsL3A814
Hudson News (L3 B5) 3 HudsonNewsL3B5
Hudson News (L3 MH) 3 HudsonNewsL3MH
Hudson News (L4) 2 HudsonNewsL4
Sundancer Trading Co. 4 SundancerTradingCo
Sunport Boutique 3 SunportBoutique
Thunderbird Curio 4 ThunderbirdCurio
Shop Franchise Descriptions
Name Description
Baskin Robbins Ice Cream You’ve come to the right place if you are craving something cold, creamy, and delicious. We are proud to offer the world’s best ice cream with a wide selection of flavors sure to please everyone. Want a little something more? We also have soft serve, shakes, sundaes, cappuccino blasts and smoothies.
Black Mesa Coffee (L1) Enjoy local artisan roasted coffee, lattes and mochas. Fresh healthy choices including juice smoothies, quiches, salads, made to order gourmet sandwiches and delicious hot soups. Best green chile chicken soup this side of security. Gluten-free treats.
Black Mesa Coffee (L3 Gate A9) Enjoy local artisan roasted coffee, lattes and mochas. Fresh healthy choices including juice smoothies, quiches, salads, made to order gourmet sandwiches and delicious hot soups. Best green chile chicken soup this side of security. Gluten-free treats.
Black Mesa Coffee (L3 MH) Enjoy local artisan roasted coffee, lattes and mochas. Fresh healthy choices including juice smoothies, quiches, salads, made to order gourmet sandwiches and delicious hot soups. Best green chile chicken soup this side of security. Gluten-free treats.
Comida Buena Pilot’s choice! This dynamic concept featured in USA Today’s article, “Travel Globally, but Eat Locally,” is the pilot’s favorite place to get our homemade green chile chicken soup. Comida Buena features a variety of coffees roasted locally by Red Rock Roasters. Our coffee pairs well with our freshly baked cinnamon rolls served all day!
Keva Juice You have enough to worry about while traveling. Let us take care of your health and boost your energy! We offer healthy and fresh fruit smoothies…a blend for everyone.
La Trattoria Pizzas, Italian sandwiches and made-to-order salads. Craving a slice of freshly baked pizza? This is the place to go! Always fresh and made the way you like. La Trattoria features a make your own salad bar with over 20 toppings to create your own unique salad. What will you create today?
Panda Express Chinese food, wok-cooked and served fast! From traditional Chinese favorites to fresh new taste creations, our Panda Chefs wok up a most delicious menu with something for everyone to enjoy… Discover for yourself why Panda Express is the fastest growing Chinese restaurant chain in North America!
Rio Grande Brew Pub & Grill Offering unique and traditional menu items and a variety of libations. Rio Grande Brew Pub and Grill is a “must” on every beer enthusiast’s list. Award winning local craft beer, a relaxed environment, with breakfast, lunch and dinner menus. Remember, it’s all about the beer here; you have to try New Mexico’s most popular green chile beer, Rio Grande’s Poncho Verde Chile Cerveza.
Route 66 Lounge Route 66 Lounge is the place to be! As everyone else is hustling up and down the concourse, you’ll be decompressing with some of the best brews, wines and drinks in Albuquerque!
Schlotsky’s Dive into a sub at Schlotsky’s! Offering high quality meats sliced daily, melted cheeses, and toasted house-made sourdough bread. Select from our tempting breakfast menu in the morning, to comfort food in the evening.
Snack Attack You will be delighted with the wide assortment of bulk nuts, candy and dried fruits we have to offer! We specialize in popcorn, pretzels, caramel corn, beef jerky and red and green chile pistachios. Come try the hottest new store at the Sunport!
Tia Juanita’s New Mexican Food Experience the taste of New Mexico! If you are searching for the very finest in authentic New Mexican cuisine served in a truly unique setting reflecting the traditions and cultures of Albuquerque and the Southwest, you simply must visit Tia Juanita’s Restaurant at the Sunport.
Tia Juanita’s Pronto In a hurry, but still want your last taste of New Mexico before catching your flight? Tia Juanita’s features a variety of burritos, combination plates and other traditional favorites such as posole and sopapillas. Our signature items include our green chile chicken enchilada burrito and our sopapilla fries.
Watch! Sports Lounge and Grill (L3) Looking for a place to Watch! the latest sports and news while enjoying your favorite draft beer or spirit before catching your flight? Watch! your favorite team. We have the NFL Ticket, NBA ticket and baseball galore. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu options range from American fare to local favorites such as Blue Corn Pancakes and our Watch! Green Chile Cheeseburger.
Watch! Sports Lounge and Grill (L4) Looking for a place to Watch! the latest sports and news while enjoying your favorite draft beer or spirit before catching your flight? Watch! your favorite team. We have the NFL Ticket, NBA ticket and baseball galore. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Menu options range from American fare to local favorites such as Blue Corn Pancakes and our Watch! Green Chile Cheeseburger.
Food Franchise Logos

ABQ2GOABQStyleDestinationNewMexico
EarthSpiritGreetingsfromNMHudsonNewsL3MH
SundancerTradingCoSunportBoutiqueThunderbirdCurio

Franchise .json file Google Sheet

Info

Here is how I create my franchises. I have a google sheet that I input all the information into (company name, CEO name, description, Class, Type etc…). This sheet then exits all the information for me, for example the sheet:

• Takes out spaces, punctuation, and special charters in the company name and adds .json or .png to the end.
  • Lets me know if the description character count is too large so I can edit it down a bit.
  • Color codes everything based on business type (contractors, airlines, food, shop, bank, etc…)
  • Concatenates location information into a string to add to description or file name etc…
  • And more…

I then just copy and paste the edited and corrected text into the .json file find/create a logo and waaalaaa. …I have a new company!! Its pretty awesome! Here are some screen shots of my sheet.

Here are the Food and Shop Franchises I just created:

Images

Here are some of my Contractor, Bank, AviationFuelSupplier, and Airline Companies:

2 Likes

Looks like a cool and extensive project! :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

3 Likes

Thats some dedication. Great work. Talking of right angled terminals , DTW (Detroit) is a great Airport to build on ACEO. Very simple terminal design (Mcnamara terminal)

3 Likes

Yeah, its fun to plan/design and then follow the construction/expansions over time! Thanks for the amazing game!

2 Likes

Yeah, I noticed that too and I’m sure someday ill get to DTW. It is a delta hub one of my fav airlines… too bad you can’t fit that many medium stands on one Airport CEO Boundary though. The max you can do stretched out in one direction is like 17 medium stands with 2 remaining squares… Thanks for the share! Maybe one day the boundaries will be expanded and we can design longer (rectangle) shaped terminals!

2 Likes

Fair enough. I was just flying out of DTW on Monday and just noticed that it was very rectangular !

2 Likes

Time for an update. Ive been working hard at modding aircraft and decided to take a break from that and work on ABQ for a little. I have most of the floors designed other than specific offices, baggage, GA, Charter/Private/FBO areas, etc. But most of the important stuff is designed, but I know things will need adjustments as I build so I’m going to get the process started. I will upload the current designs soon to the main thread here.

So I started with a basic small stand airport that has allowed me to unlock everything and get a good cushion of money to work with. Its winter time and a few things like a piece of foundation, some bus stops, a security gate and the first tunnel that goes down to the 1st floor Baggage/Arrival area. But first thing first is to build the contractor/senior management site/offices. Here it is:

ABQ Constrcution/Executive Offices Floor 1

ABQ Constrcution/Executive Offices Floor 2

ABQ Constrcution/Executive Offices Floor 1 at night with lights installed

I wish the contractors would sit down and relax when there’s no work, oh wells they do what they want. Now that I have a place for the contractor and executives to do their work, its time to get them to start building the foundations of the first and 2nd floors.

I also have all my contracts established. The way I set them up is by gate/airline/aircraft. Here is how I set them up:

• Concourse A/B are the mainland/regional airlines
  • Gates C/E are the commuter gates
  • D gates were taken out back in 2005 for the Security renovation (space I really need for my security!)
  • G will be for general aviation &
  • F is for FBO - Private/Charter airlines

The blue dots are aircraft I made myself, and the orange are airlines with other mod creators/authors. As you can see I have each gate with a specific airline and aircraft that will arrive and depart there. Can’t wait to see it all in full action!

I also have all the Food/Shop Franchises established as well. And then I just have basic (mostly) U.S. based large AviationFuelSuppliers, Banks, and Contractors. And then 1 of each of the CateringFoodSupplier, & DeicingFluid Supplier from the game I copied over to my ABQ Business Native file. Here are the Franchises:

Here are some of the logos, many of which I made, can you tell which ones I designed myself?

FOOD

BaskinRobbinsIceCream BlackMesaCoffeeL1
ComidaBuena KevaJuice
LaTrattoriaPandaExpress
RioGrandeBrewPubGrillRoute66Lounge
SchlotskysSnackAttack
TiaJuanitasNewMexicanFoodWatchSportsLoungeandGrillL3

SHOPS

DestinationNewMexicoEarthSpirit
GreetingsfromNMHudsonNewsL3MH
SundancerTradingCoSunportBoutique
ThunderbirdCurio

Welp, its gonna be spring time soon and full swing construction will begin. See ya soon!

5 Likes

Landslide and Checking

Foundation on the 2nd floor (Check-in and Landslide areas) are in place and the curbside checking as well as the other check-in counters are installed. The main walkways are a Turquoise Green Marble and outlined in brown hardwood floors. The seating coves are in a lighter brown wood floors with Orange Brown shaded couches and aim chars. All Plants are in Turquoise pots. Ticketing signage is also in the same turquoise. Things are moving along :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is that a punishment chair ?

4 Likes

Its for the aiport cat.

4 Likes

Awesome build! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

its coming along quite nicely. wait tell you see more! its looking awesome. working on baggage system right now. Had to think a little bit about how the conveyers crossed with 3 security zones and curbside check-in, ticketing, baggage claims all in different locations. lol. didn’t see the maze coming as I was designing the airport. But I think I got it. Just gotta connect everything and see if I get any errors.

1 Like

ABQ is starting to take longer and longer to load. 10-15 mins now. its getting bigger. :rofl: but its looking beautiful. Having some issues with conveyer belt tip trays not splitting luggage. Gotta figure that out. No “Grand Opening” date set as of yet.

1 Like

Maybe submit it to Olof as test loading airport.

gotta work out the tip tray issue so I can get baggage going. but yeah, maybe. :slight_smile:

in the meantime, here are some updates shots of landslide/ticketing and Concourse A

Im going have to add double or more security checkpoints as well… There is no way Ill be able to open both concourses at the same time with only 12 security checkpoints. But thats all I had room for for the size allowed based on the real airport. Gonna have to expand Security Checkpoints to the east (Concourse A) side where the 2 Vehicle Depots are in the middle

Landslide/Ticketing (night time)

Concourse A

And for the scale of things. here is roof level of most of the terminal and Airport Ops.

oh yeah… baggage preview:

5 Likes

Havy you already tried rightclicking on the tilt trays and then change the setting to “Destination”? That worked for me when the tilt trays stopped working properly.

yes, I did that and got it fixe, thanks, baggage is working awesome now!

1 Like

Update: The Airport is coming along nicely! Just need moveable walkways for the long terminal walks so the passengers all get to their flights on time and have a little time to sit and relax on the beautiful brown leather armchairs in the holding rooms, visit shops that will soon open and check out the observation deck on the 4th floor to enjoy the ABQ view and check out some cool aircraft! Enjoy!

PS… The pictures all line up with one another so when you view them floor by floor you can see how everything lines up! And you gotta love the google maps comparison of the real airport!!! I love it!

And my baggage conveyer belt network is A-M-A-Z-I-N-G and works perfectly now!!

8 Likes

Wow :open_mouth:

I am amazed that how you find interest and patience to build such a masterpiece. I would become bored and quit way way and WAY before :smiley:

https://forum.apoglabs.com/uploads/db1788/original/3X/b/9/b94cbff1feea0827ca1274ecbb13648a21905b85.jpeg

Are these sairs for ramp agents? Then I would say we definitely need narrower stairs (like 2x8) because there are just make huge dead spaces.

4 Likes

haha, yeah those are stairs for ramp agents and any other staff if I put offices down below the concourses.

I did a lot of preplanning before I actually started building the airport in the game so it went a lot faster with minor adjustments as actually built it. its all about the copy and paste templet tool!! This would take me weeks to build without the pre-planning in adobe xd or without the copy/paste tool.

3 Likes