New stand for regional jets

Definitely in favor of a CRJ sized stand.

1 Like

Maybe a “Medium - Regional” could be available, same size as the current medium, but with taxi on taxi of (in the manner that the small stand does - with a sensible ruling over the size of what can park there, such as regional jets and turboprops?)

Does seem to be a bit of a gap between small and medium, i agree :slight_smile:

I have boarded Q400s, CRJ200s, & CRJ700s on jetways several times. Mind you, I’ve also boarded them with airstairs, but they can definitely connect to jetways; so if this were implemented, it would still be great to have the option to have these aircraft also be used at regular medium gates with jetways.

1 Like

Absolutely, I would hope it would be implemented in the same way medium stands are now; can be used as a remote stand, as a stand attached to the terminal but with aircraft stairs/mobile stairs, and have the option to upgrade it to a jet way. The current Medium stand is a bit overkill if you have a bunch of RJ flights, would be good to have a smaller gate that can accommodate RJs.

I think it works from a game development point of view too. Going from an airport with only small stands with flights of 8-20 passengers to then accommodating A320/A321/737/757s with 150-200 passengers is a massive step up, whereas upgrading your airport to manage ATR/CRJs is a bit more manageable.

Which is why I sign Stripe Air Regional, Maple Express, Jumper and Forrest Air as airlines initially. When I build Medium stands their Medium aircraft aren’t so much of a jump up, as well as not having to deal with Floor 1 and Jetways to start off with.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.