New to the game - skiping tutorial

So It seems I’m blocked again in the tutorial. I’m trying to open the airport for commercial flight. I have to open stands for commercial flights. When I do I get this message and don’t know what to do… help would be appreciated … Thanks.

You have to clear the stand of GA aircraft first.

There’s a button to do this (aeroplane with a red X through it).

This is a relatively recent development though, so the text needs to be updated.

Where it would get confusing for novice players is later on where you’re asked to build a medium check-in desk before researching a medium aircraft permit.

Thanks re “clear the stands of GA planes”. But the switch triggered a new issue. Tracks are not connected anymore. See picture.
It’s a pity that the game won’t give more info about where the error is …

Have you opened your runway for commercial use?
You also need to make sure passengers can get from the boarding desk in the terminal building to the stand, either by building some terminal with the boarding desk directly next to the stand or by using secure zones sidewalk to get from the terminal to the stand or by treating the stand as a remote stand and using an airside shuttle bus stop and shuttle bus to take passengers to the stand, this would need to be connected by road. You also need to complete the associated R&D to build the bus stop.

Well, I searched everywhere but didn’t find any such command. In “operations overview” I have “allow for GA” but couldn’t find anything about commercial flights …
I do have researched the commercial aviation project.

You have to click on the runway itself and make sure the toggle is switched to allow commercial flights. The tutorial should tell you how to do this. And you need to research the remote stands R&D to have remote stands

Many thanks ! For some reasons I missed the switch. Now it’s working … :slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s a real headache because each time I have a new problem and no idea how to solve it … I guess the devs should definitely spend some time reworking the tutorial so that the beginner is not left with puzzles …

Security checkpoint not connected …

Is there a clear path zoned as secure between the stand and the security checkpoint that passengers can access?

1 Like

It’s a tricky game, for sure, with a very steep learning curve, but also something we’ll keep an eye on an iterate if we get multiple complains on a specific section! :slight_smile:

In my opinion, there is a big gap in training regarding working with multiple terminals.

Well, I didn’t know how to link the checkpoints to the stands so I built sidewalks and made them secured.
… it’s apparently not the right thing to do. Thinking about scraping the whole thing and starting a new airport from scratch with more thinking now that I have access to the forum and help …

Yeah. It’s best to build your stands next to the terminal building to start with, I think the second part of the tutorial does show this.

Will restart a new airport … :slight_smile: This one is total garbage :joy:
One thing is missing in this game is a hint popping up when hovering the mouse over the map to tell what the item is. Because often, I can’t remember what’s what …

Just as remark: Such long distances to walk after passing the boarding desk can cause delays. The boarding opening time does not include the walking distance. It is only related to the number of passengers.

1 Like

Yes and this can be frustrating so in my current airport I have a medium boarding desk and 4 automated boarding desks for each medium stand and if the flight has a large number of passengers (over 100) then the boarding starts a few hours before the flight is due to take off. This can result in the flight leaving an hour early. With a flight with less than 50 passengers the boarding time is a lot closer to the take off time and even though they still board quickly the flight can take off late dependent on how many fights are in the queue to take off.

So true. I’d like to share some data about the boarding/deboarding:
*Boarding desk opens X minutes in advance, where X=maxinum_of(15+paX_count, 45)
*If it’s a remote stand (that requires shuttle bus) it opens 1 more hour earlier
*Boarding efficiency: 1 medium desk+jetway=100 pax/h
*Deboarding efficiency: 100pax/20min
*A320 will very likely cause delay if you use 100% scale pax per flight, since it has a capacity of 400+… Although you can try my new mod that allows adjusting turnaround time of a flight

I think I see the problem, you haven’t made the doors secure, so passengers will think of the sidewalk and terminal as 2 different secure zones, each requiring their own checkpoints and exits, so try zoning the doors, we are always here to help.

Wait what do you mean A320 has a full capacity of 400+? A320 is short-medium range plane with a max of 170. But whatever. Here is some tips I like to use:

1. start with about 8 - 10 GA,
  2. plan a terminal large enough for future operations but not too big,
  3. research medium aircraft before moving to objects as later you do have to replace them.
  4. do 4 - 8 gates of small aircraft,
  5. add remote gates for small or add about 2 medium and baggage.
    I will add more later on.