Not connected to security checkpoint

I’m trying to make a remote stand but its not working.
When I click on the medium stand it says its connected to security. But when I click on the security checkpoint it is not serving the medium stand.

If I try to make the path (service road) secure, it doesn’t allow. So my ramp agents also doesn’t go there. I make shuffle for agents and passengers but none reach the plane, because no security checkpoint serves it. Already restarted the game and already bulldoze security point and made new ones. Nothing works.

P.S.: Since the rules doesn’t allow me to post more than 1 pic, here it is: Secuirty Checkpoint - Album on Imgur

Is everything properly connected? Remote stands need some extra connections.

Make sure you have all of these:

• Boarding desk → Stand
  • Boarding desk → Airside shuttle bus stop
  • Stand → Service car stop

If you have all of these (and vehicles, of course), the remote stand should work properly. You don’t need to build service car stops next to the stand, the car will simply stop at the stand.

After redo, reconstruct, save and reload, reconnect and all the BS we have to do to make the algorithm in this game to work properly it started to work. But as always, doesn’t work properly for long.
Than I decided to make regular boarding with jet way. Now, ramp agents that was working before isn’t anymore. I’m playing for over 10 hours (in this particular airport - already have 70 hours into this game) and for the last 5 hours I’ve been trying to make 1 single medium stand to work properly and can’t.
Its insane. Its absolutely insane how this game need UI rework and of course it won’t happen.

If some knight in the shinning armor can take a look at this save and tell me what kind of miracle is necessary to make ramp agents access my medium stand, I would be eternally grateful.

Save: ACEO Beta.zip - Google Drive

First of all, there is a bug in the current version which makes stuff get stuck after building certain things. This will be one of the major points which the devs will take up when they are back from the holiday break.

Regarding your airport.

Ramp agents can reach the 3 small stands and the one with the jetway.
The two other stands cannot be reached as the crosswalk does not attach to the building or a sidewalk and is blocked by a third lane of the service road.

Like this:

If you want to do remote stands, you need to build bus stops with a boarding desk. There you can assign the bus stop and the stand:

When connected, the crosswalk will disappear:

Next, click on the stand and there you can assign a service car stop for the ramp agents:

Tipp: the same service car stop can be used for several stands, you do not need 1:1 service car stops.

I hope this could help a little bit, let us know if you need more examples.

2 Likes

There is a 2nd floor. That’s all correct. :slight_smile:

Like no-fun said, staff and passengers need a sidewalk or a terminal to get to stands. Only builders can walk on grass, that probably caused the confusion.

(Great work with the pics by the way. @no-fun.)

1 Like

Thank you very much for the help.

Ramp agents can reach the 3 small stands and the one with the jetway.
The two other stands cannot be reached as the crosswalk does not attach to the building or a sidewalk and is blocked by a third lane of the service road.

These 2 medium stands are actually not in use. I thought they were in plan mode, but I forgot I built them in order to free the ground floor so I could actually build the second floor. So my worries is only about the first medium stand, the one you said the ramp agents can reach. But they can’t. Send an aircraft there and you will see it will not be served.

It works for me. That’s the mentioned bug.
As I just started the game and loaded the save, the staff finds the paths. Currently you often need to close the game and then start it again to make staff move after doing new constructions. Very annoying but hopefully fixed in the next days.

By the way, you need more baggage cars to improve the efficiency.
And two small stands have no connection to the baggage bay.

1 Like

By the way, you need more baggage cars to improve the efficiency.
And two small stands have no connection to the baggage bay.

That is a work in progress. What I wanted to do is to have baggage service only for medium aircraft and leave small aircraft without it. Even left a check-in desk not connect to baggage stand to see if it could work, but it seems it can’t. Once baggage handling service is enable, everyone wants it.

I restarted the game many times to see if it works, same when I tried to make the remote stand. I will try again.

P.S.: Ramp agents access by the jetway or use another path? Do I need the service car stop even having jetway?

Ramp agents will use the jetway, but they can also use dedicated staff doors at the ground floor if this could be a faster route for them. Or a sidewalk in your case marked as security and staff zone.

Service car stops are only for remote stands. The button to assign them (shown in my picture above) will only appear for stands with an assigned bus stop.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.