% of chance for liveries

Hi again, I was talking to TwoCflyer about liveries for the upcoming JetBlue pack, and the talk went on to multiple liveries for one plane (which, as far as I know, is coming soon). I asked if there was a way to set a % that a certain livery would show up in place of another, a great example being the blueprint JetBlue livery, and he said no. Devs this would be extremely helpful as if I want to make a realistic flight rotation, I don’t want a special livery showing up 2x times a day, as that is extremely unrealistic, especially if its the same one. Could you make a system to set the percent of chance every time you set a flight, for a certain livery to be selected? Thanks for reading!

5 Likes

I see where this is going
More liveries per aircraft

Take southwest for example, they have loads of special liveries for the different states. It would be cool to only have to get 1 contract that has all the liveries and there is a smaller percent chance that a special livery will spawn

Gonna bump this

lets just get back the multiple liveries per aircraft first!!! lol. But yes, this feature would be A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!! I add a vote for this!

2 Likes

Yeah, for example if there are airlines’ special liveries which would be like 0.5 chance of these liveries.

yeah that would be a great option
but first like twocflyer said, get multiple liveries back :smiley:
after that i guess there can be only a small line in json that decide the percentage…

YES!, maybe add this to your main post above @CaptainCat like @dawed said. A line of text in the, I’m assuming the liverydata.json file. Maybe percentage or like businessClass rating for the businesses (0-4)

But for LiveryClass or LiveryPercent, it decides how often the livery shows up in the game…

Option 1 - LiveryClass

0- 0% of the time - Retired Livery - but available in files/folders for someone to use/activate if they want
1- SL/RL - only 1 or a few of these liveries so shows like 10% of the time or less/once per day/week (has a registration number so only one at airport at a time)
2- SL/RL - only 1 or a few of these liveries so shows like 10% of the time or less/once per day/week (no registration number added so can have multiple at airport at a time)
3- NL/OL/SL - new, old, or Special livery but more of them in the fleet/multiple times per week/day (has a registration number so only one at airport at a time)
4- NL/OL/SL - new, old, or Special livery but more of them in the fleet/multiple times per week/day (no registration number added so can have multiple at airport at a time)

• If multiple liveries have a class of same number, they will split how often they show up for that Class rating…

Option 2 - LiveryPercent

0-0% of the time shown - Retired Livery - but available in files/folders for someone to use/activate if they want.
1-10%
2-20%
3-30%
5… etc
10 - 100% (default if only livery for that aircraft or has not been assigned livery class yet)

• if there are multiple liveries with same class number, they will split that percentage of them shown. so if 2 liveries have liveryClass of 8 (80%), then each livery will split 40%/40% of the time each

As a player, adding millions of different liveries is tiring, please develop this feature, thanks!

Is any body looking at this?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.