One way directions for road and taxiways [implemented]

Update from Apoapsis Studios

This feature request has now been implemented!

While this feature is now completed, future improvements and functionality may still be added over time.

:trophy: :medal_military: :champagne: :flight_departure:

Like the title says, can we get one way roads? They would make it much easier to manage traffic.

And what about taxi’s? The amount of busses in this game seems somewhat unrealistic. In reality, there would be more cars aswell as taxi’s. At most large airports, taxi’s even have their own drop-off area.

14 Likes

You can built 1 way roads by building 1 tile width road but people don’tsuggest this method since it messes up with path finding.

In future there will be many more types of public transport such as Taxi, metro, railroad and so on…

3 Likes

Taxis are planned in the future. Not sure about one way roads but they have been suggested.

2 Likes

I know you can build 1 tile roads, but they aren’t really “one-way” since traffic can use them both ways. and like you said, they mess up the pathfinding.

2 Likes

What about parking? People actually driving their own car and park at a parking space at the airport?

3 Likes

I agree about taxis. Hehe. being a taxi driver and spending much time at the airport picking up and dropping off. Our airport in Nelson NZ is the 4th busiest airport in New Zealand. we have no security checks. its not international though. if you are flying to Auckland you can check in 20mins before the flight leaves.

As for taxis, our company 1 of 2 in nelson (population 45k) has the sole rights to the airport. We are charged a toll to pickup there. there are no buses at all. just 2 airport shuttles vans We also have to pay a yearly contract and meet obligations. Car parking is also a big money spinner for the airport. So. there is 20 minute free parking, free drop off area only. also long term parking. Security will ticket people breaking the rules.

2 Likes

This is also planned.

Would be kinda hard and taking in too much space. People need to leave their car until they come back, and with the huge amount of people traveling each day, this wouldn’t be much of an option in this game, despite it being realistic. It would also require the game to keep track of who owns a vehicle.

One way roads can be done just like conveyor belts. Each interection has a 2x2 tile with each flow coming to the intersection only having three pathing options, Move one forward and 2 left, move 2 forward and keep going, or move one forwards and go right. There would be 4 total pathways on the tile, as the others are exit tiles. Then you code the same for each parking pad and then apply special rules for crosswalks.

1 Like

I would like to hear the developers answer. We need a one-way road! Buses turn on the narrowest road and go back. It turns out traffic jam.

1 Like

I have taxis on my to do list somewhere :wink:

3 Likes

More Transport would be a good idea. One Way Roads are in my opinion crucial at some point since it would improve the traffic flow.

For Car-Parking for pax, if it is really the case that this is wanted or planned, add a parking garage as outdoor object (like the ATC Tower or the Fuel Station) with a road connection, and let the pax drive the car in there, let the passenger get out of the building and enter the departure hall :wink: the car then just “vanishes” vice versa with arrivals, some passengers enter the garage, “summon” a car, and go home by car. Its not necessary to “assign” a car to a passenger, i think a very “shallow” simulation of this is enough to increase reality already. No one really checks each passenger by his name and waits until he comes back :wink:

This also can be connected with Car Rental shops, Passenger arrives, gets baggage, goes to car rental, goes to parking garage, and a car with a specified color, or a “advertisment” on the roof from “Hartzi” or “Saxt” appears on the onramp of the garage :wink:

and the airport got a little comission fee :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like this idea for both taxiways, service roads and normal roads.

1 Like

I have suggested one-way roads a long time ago, this has my vote as it’s extremely crucial and can be done just like the conveyer belt system.

2 Likes

This topic coudl also work: It gives more options beside just oneway roads

1 Like