One-way doors between different type of areas

One-way doors will prevent my stupid passengers to walk, with a hot-dog, through all the airport, to sit down in the baggage claim area only to stand up and go back to check-in desk :slight_smile: (of course the brand new arm chairs are already just next to that ‘fast-food restaurant’).

2 Likes

I feel like one-way doors could be used to prevent arriving passengers from “coming back out” the departure stands i.e. segregate international flights :slight_smile:

A good idea, one way doors! :ok_hand:

“Up” Really would like this :smiley:

I think it’s scheduled; if mult-ilayer airports do, they will be used to separate incoming and outgoing flows.

So I expect one way stairs, doors, gates, lifts…

I would like to see this so i can separate my arriving and departing passenger, it doesn’t matter where i position my secure exit the passenger go to the nearest available door and cross my airport, it would be great if they followed my side walk to the only stand exit to go straight through to my secure exit.

1 Like

It’s the same for some Norwegian airports such as Tromsø.

I too voted for this :slight_smile:
Don’t like it when pax going for a burger at the check in area while their bags are just waiting to be picked up.

one way doors will make sure they won’t be able to get out before getting their bag
(and other people awaiting to check in away from my baggage claim area seating)

2 Likes

I think it is a crucial feature to optimise your passenger flow. I think it could and should be implemented as part of the new terminal and floors update because of the anyways necessary pathfinding algorithm rework. Zone-indipendent one-way doors or signs could be like a one-sided wall for passengers, so that the player can design paths which will be taken for sure.

Totally agree. One-way doors are a need right now. The current doors graphic is fine, they just need to add the possibility to select the flow in a single direction or both directions. Some small arrows like in the taxiways will work fine when using the editing feature.

They have been releasing some good major content lately, but what the game is really missing are little features, crucial in some extent.

One way doors are needed as are one way escalators, they do however present other issues that need to be resolved first.

I could get behind a baggage claim only Zone

What exactly do you mean by that?

If PAX has a ticket with “depart”, that setting could be used to shield that PAX away from a zoned area that is marked “entree area”.

That would be a possibility. There would be “security zone”, “passport zone”, “luggage zone” and “non-secure zone” which would not be superimposable. Then staff zone/rooms, the bathrooms and the food and franchise rooms would be able to be dragged above the others mentioned above.
Or you simply use a system which allows to connect different zones and one-way waypoints to route your passengers instead of so much zoning.

Update to my previous post:
In most european airports the passenger flow of the arrivals goes something like this:
Gate -> Passport control -> Select connecting flight or baggage claim door -> (end of security zone) baggage claim -> Customs -> Exit
where an arrow (->) represents a one way door.

Doesn’t neccesarily have to be.

Some flights from unsafe countries are subject to a new security check before they are released back to the terminal area. If you connect you don’t need to clear passport control. Only if you enter the country (exit the terminal) or transfer to a shengen (which is entering the shengen zone and there fore subject to passport control).

It has to be a must. Sooner rather than later. Same as one way stairs etc. Control passanger flow.

They will be implemented again at some point. However the PAX decided to do things as a CEO you’d rather not and they find themselves unable to find a route to their destination hence causing other issues. Once the PAX are a little more intelligent things will be more one way :wink:

Like the man sais, implement it now and you’ll find too many broken builds. It’s announced so it will come eventually and when it does, it will be when the game is ready for it.

1 Like

Perhaps another way to do this would to be able to designate bus stops, car stops, etc. as drop-off only or pick-up only. That way you could have passengers dropped off on B1, have them proceed through check-in and security to their gates on the ground level or above. Then, pax could be routed from the gates to the street via secure exits to baggage claim and to pick-up only transport.

1 Like