[Will NOT Be Included] One way escalators

Is it possible to have one way (with half the width) escalators?

I don’t need an escalator that takes you from boarding back up to security or from baggage claim back up to the deboarding.

Basically the 2-way escalator means that I end up using space unnecessarily.

4 Likes

It’s planned, but not implemented.

…and I’d like a cheap, small employee staircase (only in staff zones)

4 Likes

This would require one-way paths in general. (Which would be a very good idea BTW)

1 Like

@Titule I would like to see smaller stairs but not only in staff zones as there could be a knock on effect so the stairs will be a huge bottle neck and slow people down causing them to miss their flight meaning players will be discouraged but not stopped from using them with passengers

1 Like

Agree

agree

Agree

will it appear in a35?

No. Those will not come at the moment as one way stuff would make the pathfinding too complicated.

1 Like

Still really rooting for this feature.

We have walkators (one-way), secure exits (one-way), escalators are separated into right/left for up/down. So obviously, one-way is already supported by trhe pathfinding. But altough People can only go through security checkpoints one way, and require only a single tile/square to move, the stairs and escalators following the one-way secutiry checkpoint must be two-way and 4 sqaures wide… Sure, that makes so much sense // Irony off…

The devs have said that for pathfinding reasons, that there not going to be any one way doors or escalators. It’s unfortunate but that’s the situation

Since it is certaintly explained by developers that this feature won’t be implemented, I will close down the topic.

Topic is LOCKED