Overlap service roads on remote stands

Overlap service roads on remote stand

I think it would be a good idea for the service roads to be able to overlap/join on remote stands. Right now if you want to place two remote stands with the backs against each other you will automatically have two 2-lane service roads, so four lanes in total. This is completely unnecessary and looks awkward.

Hello and welcome to the communtity! This has been posted a few times already but as always I think it is definatly something that should come into the game.

2 Likes

I wonder if they could make stands work just like the de-icing platform or car stops, where they want to detect the connection to the service road. So players can make the lane themselves and then have to place (or not for remote stands on small apron) a crosswalk. Would require connections on 1-2 lanes along the length of it for example.

1 Like

The hangars are now the best example who show that this could work.

The only complicated part would be when upgrading to jetways. As currently they have to cross always two lanes and it will cause issues when a player just uses one lane between stand and terminal.

2 Likes

IRL most if not all airports have a two-way service road behind jetways. So I think jetways should require those two lanes behind them. Heck, even small stands could require them :slight_smile: it’s really standard set-up.

The great thing about building the lanes ourselves is that the lateral connections will get the right ground line textures, right now they hit the continuous white line from the pre-built lane which looks so awkward that I avoid setting them up like that x)

1 Like

Disagree with that. You will find several of different concepts around the globe. Which will make it impossible to cover all in this game.
Whatever will be implemented, someone will come up with a complete different view. :smile:

It would be nice if terminals could overlap the stands, so you can have the service roads internal or undercover, I have seen many international terminals and large domestic tertminals like this, I was so happy when i discovered roads and Taxiways could go under a raised terminal, makes my designs so much more interesting

It would be nice if terminals could overlap the stands, so you can have the service roads internal or undercover, I have seen many international terminals and large domestic tertminals like this, I was so happy when i discovered roads and Taxiways could go under a raised terminal, makes my designs so much more interesting

I thought the same thing… and then I started looking at airports, and their modeling of the stands is actually pretty damn good… even down to the size of the taxiway concretes square grid…

I don’t know if it would be easier for the devs to implement, but what about a new stand type? This new type would have to be for small, medium and large remote stands. Basically there could be a version of each stand that has two aircraft stands back to back sharing a single service road?

—> {Stand} | shared service road | {Stand} <—

If not, it would be nice to have a stand with just a single reversible one-way road that could be reversed.

2 Likes

I personally wish the stands did not have predefined service roads locked to them. Instead would much prefer they have connector tiles similar to those on fuel, catering and other depots (the 2 red large tiles that we have to connect a service road to).

I imagine the reason, very valid reason, is that the stands have complex entry and exit coding but also the passenger crossing/pathfinding is predefined.

But freedom to attach our own roads would be a great thing! :slight_smile:

Can imagine this being a headache for the developers but I am hopeful of some kind of way of having the remote stands share a road face to face.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.