Parking for airport service cars and ,,FOLLOW ME" cars

This is my second idea.

Link to first: More realistic handling of stands

Parking for service cars has been shown in the trailer and I think that it could be introduced to the game as a cheaper version of the car depot. And car depots could have a higher price.

And another thing about the trailer - the car “FOLLOW ME.” They were presented in the trailer and I count on their introduction.

Thank you CEO’s and fly safe!

6 Likes

I never noticed them before despite watching the videos quite a few times. I’d love to see some clutter like the top pic. Even if it’s non-functioning will add a lot of visual appeal and would represent what I’ve seen at pretty much every airport I’ve been too and looked at on maps.

2 Likes

I think the same, so I added that topic!
@Rubble thank for comment and fly safe!

With stand-assigned vehicles and improved rendering of APU and GPU (which we’re currently working on, i.e not having them pop-up when medium aircraft arrive but instead being dragged over there), I think the stands will look a lot more lively.

We will of course be able to sprinkle some other details on the stand but it’s always something we need to consider from a rendering performance perspective.

3 Likes

@Olof But that parkings are another structure. Not part of stand! And what about ,FOLLOW ME" cars (Taxi cars).

Nice to have “FOLLOW ME” service vehicles

:grinning:

and some ULD’s scattered in the tarmac for Cargo Carriers like Air Bridge, CargoLux, Lufthansa Cargo, DHL, UPS and FedEx

:grinning:

1 Like

Yeah, you’re right. :grinning:

a very good idea.

Nice topic.