Partial UI Scaling and popup / window flexibility options

This might seem like a bit of a strange one, since the UI is clear and readable in 4k (usually the reason somebody wants scaling) in ACEO, there are no worries there, but its something I would love to see still.

I play in 4k, but I personally find the tooltips and popup windows to be ‘too large’, covering so much of the display area. I would love a way to make them something like 25% to 50% smaller.

Also, with those windows, it would be neat if they could be pinned and dragged around, to be left open, i.e the one when clicking on a stand, although only if it could be scaled down.

Edit: After posting, I just took a quick look to refresh my memory… not played since last night :wink:
I wouldn’t actually mind reducing the whole UI… I guess I am used to things being smaller ( I run Windows without scaling (so 100%) in 4k, on a 32" screen.

On the other hand, the UI is too small on my retina MacBook Pro

1 Like

As the options menu isn’t implemented yet, I expect it will come with that! I’ve always had problems with scaling on other games.

This is actually becoming a bit of an issue, I really hope we see a UI scaling option sooner rather than later. I’m finding the UI difficult at best.

An example:
The flight planner. I can select a flight from the top row, but can’t get to the cancel flight buttons because they are off the screen. The UI is absolutely huge and it doesn’t need to be so large. I could probably read the text from 200 meters away, lol.

When this happens in other areas, such as shop contracts, at least I can scroll the window to reveal the hidden buttons, but I cant do this via the flight planner. I’ll take some screenshots and add them here shortly. I should really be able to move the popup though,

Flight planner - Row 1

Flight planner - Row 2 (can just see buttons)

Shop contracts:

Shop contract

Some other UI issues I am facing, constantly don’t relate to scaling, but its difficult to click some things, such as ‘surface type’ of taxi ways, because trying to move into the popup window before it disappears is just a nightmare… can be quite frustrating at times.

Overall, I would like to see a lot smaller popups and much better placement of those, so everything isn’t constantly covered up and restrictive, but much more user friendly :wink:

Don’t take this the wrong way, I usually refrain from comparing to other games, especially when in EA, but Sim Airport has UI scaling, even though their entire UI is being re-worked (and it needs it, badly) but even so, its much more user friendly, with customisable window sizing, UI scaling, stored custom positioning, etc.

ACEO badly needs these kind of options and flexibility, in my opinion.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.