Passengers arriving then immediately leaving airport

Hello,

Currently all passengers are walking up the subway, stopping, and then leaving back down the subway. If a passenger does enter the airport, they go to sit and then get up and leave the airport as well. Only staff are entering the airport as normal. I noticed this started when I changed the passenger ratio from 50% to a higher number but could be unrelated. I have since moved it back down to 50% but have not come up with a solution as to how to fix this. I saw another thread with the same issue that started two years ago but made a new one for it being so old.Thanks

1 Like

What does your flight process panel look like?

2 Likes

Yeah, like @Olof said, and can you please provide more screenshots. Would really apreciate it. :slight_smile:

1 Like

no problem.

1 Like

How about one of all your transit. I’ve seen that if you don’t have enough transit structures, this weird behavior starts happening.

Thanks, Jet.

That did not resolve. They just exit through the subway after adding taxi, bus etc. I also built a brand new airport yesterday and a new separate save and the bug is happening on this one as well now.

1 Like

Can we get a screenshot overview of the whole airport as well as just the transit structures please?

yup yup. only the right side is operational and was working perfectly when all of a sudden it happened with the subway thing lol. thanks for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like

You need ALOT more transit structures. And I mean ALOT. Only 4 parking, 1 bus, 1 taxi, and one car stop plus the two subways will not cope with this much passenger traffic. I do not have exact data, but I suggest tripling the amount of transit you currently have, atleast. I hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve tested that theory already and they still just do the same thing, they will get to the top of subway then go back down, get off the bus and stand there and then queue back up to leave in the line and same thing with taxi and car. I had a ton of transit options almost 4/5x what I have now.

1 Like

This behavior almost always happens when, due to low transit capacity and a high number of flights, passengers that spawn are so delayed that check-in for that flight has already closed. It’s a bit difficult to tell from the screens but I would recommend closing the entire airport, making sure all passengers leave, add a lot more transit capacity as instructed in this topic and then slowly opening it up again by planning some flights to ensure that you can withstand the load.

3 Likes

Ok thanks i’ll do that and update.

1 Like

After shutting down the airport and canceling all flights then placing in new transportation (much more lol) the “bug” stopped occurring with it. I appreciate the help!!! :slight_smile: now if only there was a way to prevent a massive buildup of hundreds of people lining up for the 8 bus’s haha. Thanks again to the both of you for helping

2 Likes

I am glad to hear that you have solved your problem! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great to hear! We’ll continue to heavily balance and test the transit systems in beta. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.