Passengers going to the wrong terminal

Hello :slight_smile:

Bad English incoming, I hope you will find this understandable, if not, tell me i’ll redo this message more clearly :slight_smile:

I’ve got a feedback/bug report. I don’t know if it’s a wanted feature or no. :sweat_smile:

Passengers are coming in my airport but are going in the wrong terminal to wait their check-in.

Here’s my layout.

Here’s a screenshot with passengers on the wrong Terminal

I guess PAX are waiting on the nearest seats from the check-in desk whatever the Terminal is.
It’s not a major issue for me, but it can cause some delays or passenger not checking-in.

Thanks for your time and your reading !

Bienvenue :slight_smile:

Do I understand correct, the passengers only use the seating in the wrong terminal. For check in, they will then walk to the correct terminal?
If yes, then it could be a bug as you describe.
Did you sent in a bug report with the ingame bug report tool? If not, can you do that and post the number here.

Hello,
Thanks for your reply and this little french word :smiley:

It’s not all passengers. it’s few of them.
I tried to send a bug report, apparently my save too large (Gamesave folder 287Mb ; Gamedata.json 246Mb)

I will try again tonight :slight_smile:

Have a good day

Passengers cannot fetch seats from a different terminal if their flight is assigned to a specific terminal, that would indeed cause mayhem as you describe - not only for you but for everyone. There’s probably something else going on specifically in this airport… I’d suggest you cancel all flights and stop the traffic to the airport, assign one flight to the “faulty” terminal and see what happens. If its an apparent bug you should be able to report it then as it hopefully will not surpass the maximum payload size.

Hello,

Thanks for your reply
Bad news, still max payload size

Results of the tests i’ve made :slight_smile:

Have a nice day

If you use the zone analysis tool, does it in fact state that the terminal area of the check-in desks and the gate seating are in different terminals? You have a very intricate terminal alignment going on so I’d like to rule out that you don’t have a leak there somewhere.

Hello Olof,

No leaks found :frowning:

So, i started a new save and tried to do this behaviour again. And I dit it ! Yay :partying_face:
I send it by bug report tool => MERCURY-45363

Here’s the zoning for terminals, there is no flights in Terminal 2.

When i remove all the seats, all passengers are going to the right Terminal

Have a good night !

1 Like

Thank you, checking it out! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Noted you switched the Stands off
Did you also turn off the Boarding Desks?

I have temporarily stopped using the Terminal feature
Also noted passengers having to swap between Terminals, which in turn results in the passengers being very late for boarding

Hello,

Boarding desks are OFF too

If i stop using the Terminal feature, checkins are done in the “left wing” (T2).

I tried to play with AI to see what happens if I do a maze, it wasn’t effective. At least it was funny to watch :upside_down_face:

Have a good night/day ! :slight_smile:

Have not had time to check this yet but I am pretty sure that there’s something specific with this save that is off as since most airports use the terminal feature we would have an overrun backlog with bug reports of terminals not working. Will get to it as soon as I can.

1 Like

I think most players do independent buildings with bigger distance between. In this case there are two terminals in the same building and passengers select the nearest seating.

It’s the same at gates. If a seating 2 floors higher is closer to the gate entrance position, passengers prefer to sit there no matter how long the way is to get there.

Yes the passengers waiting in areas that you don’t want them to is pretty endemic. I have had them crammed into baggage claim on the floor directly below the check-in desks rather than sit on sofas in the check-in area (before I put baggage claim in the secure area to foil this), and departing passengers seated by a remote stand gate rather than in the seating for their jetway attached stand on the floor above.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.