Passengers, Seating, Stands

In my airport, people are not using seating near their stand where they are leaving on, so they need to cross the whole airport to get to their gate, which causes delays. Anyone know why, or got a solution to this?

Just to be clear, you mean that they don’t sit on the seatings that are closest to their gate and that they, because of this when it is time for boarding, have to walk across the entire terminal to start the boarding procedure?

Yes that is what I mean.

I have the same problem, no boarding passenger ever sits on the seats by the boarding stand

1 Like

This is my problem

Can you submit your saves as bug reports so I can run some tests? :slight_smile:

Yes sure, what shall I name it?

Just something like “Passengers don’t sit at gate seatings near boarding desks”. Or maybe exactly that.

Allright, reported it!

1 Like

Wow. Runway in front of the terminal. Cool an efficient maybe, but very, very exciting for the passengers I guess :rofl:

3 Likes

Well they need some form of entertainment…

2 Likes

Passenger prefers to sit at sofas. Currently, there is not distance limit so they will probably walk pretty far to find a sofa instead of a gate seating. Maybe this needs to be looked as it is not so realistic that they would walk that far just to find a nicer seating. :slight_smile:

Ah okay, so the option for now is to remove all the gate seating and instead use sofas? Or delete all the sofas and use gate seating only?

I don’t have the code in-front of me but I think so yes. Try and see if that helps.

Will do, ill post the result on here when I have it.

Removed all the sofa’s from my airport [except from the staffrooms ofcourse] and replaced them with gate seating and it’s working great now! Plane’s are departing like half an hour before the time they needed to depart!

2 Likes

I have sofas between gates and in food shops nearby the gates, but they are maybe half full. The gate seatings are always packed full.

Yes, the issue is with a prioritization system that has way too far distances allowed for it search within. I’ve tested with your save and will implement a fix for this.

2 Likes

Submitted my save through bug reporting, I noticed previously that passengers prefer the sofa to gate seating, didn’t feel right putting sofas in the gate area though.

I thought a good possible solution for this might be to implement gate lounges as a room type - linked to a gate / gates. Might also allow for gate lounge based security like at Changi.

Could allow for future additional customisation by designating times that passengers need to be at gate lounge before flight.

3 Likes