[Implemented] Airport Planning Tool

Yeah, i thought you meant playing through the tutorial making it

I guess i missed the commercial switch on that third stand. that was my fault. LOL… guess that is a key element

Evening guys and gals.

I’m not new to airport CEO but I am new to the forums. I’ve seen plenty of updates since I first bought this game a while back but the one feature I was hoping for to be implemented or suggested I haven’t seen and it seems like quite an obvious one and that’s some sort of planning system. So you can plan your expansions even when you’re starting as a small regional airport gathering up your funds to expand you can be planning the future. Maybe even a phased planning system where you can plan “phase 1” “phase 2” where you can tell your contractors that you want phase one building to begin. (That you’ve previously planned terminal, runways taxiways fuel etc etc). I know I spend 2/3 hours on the game on pause building the terminal trying (and failing) to visualise where all the services I’ve yet to unlock will go. It just seems a shame that I cant do this without it being paused or having no contractors on site (and then obviously it costs you to lay the foundations down).

Off-topic: I sincerely apologise if this Is the wrong forum for this topic.

Off-off-topic: cheers devs and keep up the good work. Nice to see devs actually interact with their community.

1 Like

Any updates on this topic?

Here is my take on it:

What: A planning mode

How: By using similar tool like zoning, you’d be able to paint areas to plan ahead what goes where

Why: Well duh, to plan ahead what are you going to do, how will your airport expand to minimize build & bulldoze cycles. Mark down the new runways, taxiways, clearance spaces between them and terminal. Internal walls, new toilet location, …

Different colours for different things. Very simple way.

I can confirm that we will implement some sort of planning mode during beta. I cannot comment on its extent at this point but we do recognize that there’s a very high demand for it as expressed in this vote.

14 Likes

Maybe we should begin with more simple planning tool - just taking lines or shapes for some of the planned things like @lboufleuer and @Nace888 said - Prison Architect style. Most of us are able to use pencil/pen and paper and by drag and cancel write cost of that.
In future there could be written cost of selected blueprint.
Next step could be if we start to plan (aka Prison architect style) - we create a layer of planning- selecting floors finishing, foundations, other things. There would be great to have multiple layer planning where could be put in furniture, assets etc. Just like planning an office.

It’s better to move a little steep with working tool, than jump and fall :wink:

1 Like

@Oposing Can you explain those blueprint ways in more detail?

I am used to Anno 1800, were objects can be blueprinted and not the rest, is that comparable?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.