POLL [CLOSED]: What will be the next aircraft type in Airport CEO?

We are giving you the opportunity to decide the next aircraft type to implement in the game. We have selected three types of aircrafts that we want to add to the game. You can help us decide which one to start with.

Happy voting! :airplane:

• Saab 2000
  • BAe 146 (Avro RJ100)
  • Boeing 737-600

0 voters

3 Likes

Nice to let us vote! :smile:

Ooh choices :slight_smile:

Three great aircraft, but I’ve picked the BAe 146/Avro RJ100. It’s a fantastic aircraft, and its unique design will add variety to the game. The passenger capacity (80-110) is ideal for early expansion; its small size and low runway requirements make it a potentially very useful aircraft to have.

I understand the Saab since you guys are Swedish :slight_smile: But I would suggest something even smaller, like a Cessna Grand Caravan.

1 Like

Good news! The Cessna Grand Caravan is already implemented.

5 Likes

Woohoo!!! Then let’s bring on the next one :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’d love to see some Learjets, maybe some more CRJ or Embrear jets too!

2 Likes

Oh boy! Now we get to vote for planes! Please have a huge variety of planes coming!

I love the Saab for being a turboprop with low passenger count, good for regional traffic. Although there are only 50 or so aircraft still in existence.
And it was also used in a AEW capacity, as well as maritime patrol.
So that aircraft could be used for multiple services :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey guys, sounds like we are getting a large number of planes. Maybe in the email we get a “Congratulation” or Achievement note that we have this type of plane landed for the first time and maybe some tiny facts on the aircraft’s achievements

For Example:
1:"Congratulations! You have successfully opened the airport to the first Boeing 767 under CLM Airways.

Boeing 767 Fact: The first 767 flew Sept. 26, 1981, 65 years after the first flight of William Boeing’s first airplane – the B&W – in June 1916"

2):“Congratulations on opening your doors to the mighty Boeing 747. The 747 was the first wide body aircraft ever produced and is also regarded the Queen of the Skies”

It might be a bit of a spam but I felt that’s the fun of it especially when building the airport from ground up

2 Likes

Would be nice to see this kind of information in game. But please allow me to turn it off. Either in general or per specific event (Don’t show this again).

The first few playthroughs it’s fun, but after that…

How many aircraft will there be implemented in the final build? If I remember correctly you said at the moment there’s like 3 or 4 planes with the majority being small-sized planes.

I highly recommend you implement a wide variety of planes. Why? When my airport becomes an international airport, wouldn’t it look silly to have the majority of my international terminal gates be filled with prop-liners? I understand this isn’t exactly like previous airport managers, but I believe the game needs more jetliners, like a 737 and a 747 and a few airbuses.

Propliners are great for small grass fields, but it wouldn’t look cool to have the big airlines in the game have Grand 'caravans or CRJs.

Just my $0.02 on the table. I get this is what the modding community will be there for but some of us aren’t an Artist, so just cloning a default plane Sprite and naming it a 747 be the exact same feel as it being a default feel.

2 Likes

I hope to see all three someday! And Gulfstream, citation, crj, hawkee

1 Like

Am I the only one who read this in James May’s voice?

1 Like

42/42 Close!

This game is going to be great! Thanks for letting us be part of it!

1 Like

I voted for the Saab because I would be shocked if there wasn’t at least 1 or 2 7x7 variants planned or implemented already and variety would be nice :stuck_out_tongue:

That said, are you going to be able to use the actual aircraft names or will they be bland names (aka ETS2’s Majestic before they got licenses to real trademarks)?

It is awesome that so many of your engaged in the voting and discussion around this topic. With almost 100 votes it seems like the 737-600 is leading closely followed by the BAe 146. We will wait a one or two days before we close the voting and start working on it. Once we get started on the winning model we are going to try to share some of the process behind it and the techniques we use. :airplane:

@Macha Regarding aircraft names we will look into the legal aspects to make sure we are on the right side.

2 Likes

I’m afraid you can’t use the official names. But hey, if those names are in a text file, the fans can change them to whatever they want :smiley:

As long as you as developer stay well clear of it

Ah yes, good old Bowing and Skybus from Airport Tycoon.