Problems playing the game? Players ask - players answer

I believe it is also possible to build L shaped rooms (including bathrooms for example), by first building a full square, and then subtracting from it using the CTRL modifier to create the desired shape.

Can be inconvenient at times of course when building around other existing structures/rooms, but a work around until a more long term feature to join rooms is included.

1 Like

What have I done to have got the achievement “The contributor”? Unfortunately there is no description.

Did you upload something to the Workshop? A savegame, template or even a mod?

2 Likes

Yes, the first time.
Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks. :+1:
I was wondering the whole time what I have to do to get this achievement.

Thanks also to @DomiWi , without your request for the savegame, I would not have the achievement now :rofl:

1 Like

@andyc
Could you tell me how can I get the other hidden achievements “When is the next dev blog?”, “Mr Robot” and “Serial entrepreneur”?
I think “Mr Robot” is an emergency but with the other two i have no idea.

“Mr Robot” I’ve got with the “motherlode” cheat
“When is the next dev blog?” has to do something with manually delay or send away flights (I think it was accept 50 times delay the flight for 1 hour.
“Serial entrepreneur” I don’t have it.

1 Like

yooo guys, first of all, I’m playing this game for like 2 or 3 days now and I like it very much. but I do have some problems. when I have an international flight, do my passengers need to go through the security check and then through a Passport check? and sometimes I have people standing at the gate, complaining that they need to go through a security check but they just did?
let me know if you want the screenshot to clarify.

It depends in wich mode you play, if you play on realistic international stands, the answer is yes, otherwise you need just for large stands passport check. For a proper set up this International Zones: How to build and Manage will maybe help.
For your second issue a screenshot with zones (Z key) on would be useful, it sounds as if you mist to zone a part (a door or something else).

1 Like

I’ve tested the automatic check-in and boarding desks.

But what I ask myself now: do I still need desks that are manned by staff? And if so, for what?

It depends how many automated desks you have and how many flights are scheduled and do the check in at the same time.

The automated onces can handle 4 flights. If there are more, it switches to normal desks too.

1 Like

Thanks!

But that means that I no longer need manned check-in desks. Or do they have another function?

And then I do not longer need manned boarding desks, I think. But why did @llondru, for example, build both manned and automated desks here? Only für optic and realism?
https://forum.apoglabs.com/uploads/db1788/original/3X/8/5/859312f83beabeed5c9830a8a596eaeea87cdeb7.jpeg

For realism mostly.
I do that too. One manned boarding desk and a few automated.

Once the devs wanted to make at least one manned desk as requirement to add automated. But this never happened as far as I know.

1 Like

Don’t small commercials planes need catering?

And a second question: is 350 the absolute maximum of flights on an airport?

No one?

Another question: I don’t understand the weather forecast. At least 1 day per year, the temperatures come close to zero. At least in the prediction. The real temperatures are then always higher than 10°C. In Maastricht, where the winters are not severe, but still usually below zero for several weeks a year.
So I can demolish the de-icing system?

No they don’t need it, the same with cleaning.

Yes 350 is the maximum, but if you play in sandbox mode you can choose to play with out flight limits.

If you start a new airport and you click some where on the map, there is a massage with how many domestic airports and how rarely you need deicing, if it says never you don’t use it, otherwise there is a chance that you will need it

2 Likes

I think deiceing is completely locked if the temperature does never drop in the frozen range.

2 Likes

Thanks for your answers!

[quote=“faebue, post:37, topic:19337”]
If you start a new airport and you click some where on the map, there is a massage with how many domestic airports and how rarely you need deicing
[/quote]Maastricht has the state “very often”:
Forum01

My problem is the forecast in relation to the real ingame temperature:

On Thursday (“Do” in german) the forecast for saturday (“Sa”) is 0,1°C:

On Friday the forecast for saturday is 0,6°C. This sounds very realistic compared to the Thursday forecast:

But now starts the saturday. With ~10°C and more!!!

Sunday is actually below zero degrees. But even so, no aircraft hits the de-icing pad. Isn’t this service requested by small commercial aircraft either?

I can’t help with the temperature, actually I have never studied those forecasts.
But for

Do you have de-iceing activated in the operations menu and signed a contract?
Also, the request for de-iceing is “saved” in the flight already when it lands. If the plane lands when it’s over 1°C, it won’t go for de-iceing after.

1 Like