Problems with stalled passengers at self check-in

Will try to reproduce

1 Like

Hmmmmm, after simulate about 5 medium/large flights with around 10 drops no issues. Sometimes passengers will stand in front of it for a bit, but they always leave. Note that my game speed is the max.

2 Likes

That is my problem. I would say. Do they leave to go to the normal check-in? Or does anyone keeps standing waiting for self check-in. Thanks for trying to reproduce. <3

In my case they do slowly leave. But everyone doesn’t leave. And then the check-in will be delayed and then the domino effect starts from there.

Been playing a bit now. Had several flights check-in with no problems. So far it works, but now after about 40 mins of playtime i got stalled passengers again. This time i just kept waiting it out to see what they do.

Yes some of them do leave. But far from all.

This is how it look like when check-in opens. They que.

This is roughly when i think check-in will close. Still people que. Some have left for other check-in

Here is the numbers of not checked-in passengers. At this point it’s affecting the top two flights.
And as you can see, the first flights has arrived at the airport. So if I keep waiting it will get delayed.

So my question to you @humoresque is. What happens when you just wait around? Do they all leave?
Also can you show how you built it? Maybe there is some detail i’m missing :stuck_out_tongue:

Hmmm, I experienced this when adding new baggage drops. After reset of person nodes or whatever (the thing in f10) it worked fine though so it is possible its something to do with that… @Olof

Interesting. Did it work after hitting the reset button? Also did you experience stalled passengers again after loading or something? @humoresque
Also wanna know. That if i press that, does that mean i can’t get achievements anymore?

I have a similar problem with the baggage drop-offs. When loading a game they work as intended, but after a few in game hours they stop working. I noticed that no flights are assigned anymore to the drop-offs while there are still flights assigned to the corresponding aircraft stands and baggage bays. Passengers have no place to drop off their baggage after the self check-in and are just wandering around the baggage drop-offs and eventually leave the airport or keep wandering. Reloading the game fixes it temporarily but the problem returns very quickly. Made a bug report about it: ACEO-43346

Okey, well might be related to what i’m experiencing, might not.

Do you have any further observations @humoresque ? And are you still experiencing problems @DeDopper

Also @Olof if i go in to F10 and press reset person nodes. Does that disable achievements?

I think it does disable achievements, and I am still experiencing this, but it resolves naturally, so it doesn’t really effect my game.

A reload gets the same effect without disabling achievements.

That’s weird, for me it does not resolve naturally. If i wait some passengers will leave and go for the manned check-in but a few always stays behind until i reload the game. And since i’m having stalled passengers frequently i’m not really keen on just watching that and having to reload every 5-10 mins. Yes it’s that bad… :confused: And this is a new game on the latest stable branch. I guess i can sacrifice the achievements if the reset person node thing works…

Yes, I still am experiencing this problem. It does not resolve for me naturally either, only reloading the game fixes it but just temporarily. However, I have noticed for me it is not a stalled passenger holding up all the other passengers but it is the flight assignment to the baggage drop off machines. As said earlier when loading a game everything works as intended. The bag drop offs have between 1 and 3 flights assigned and are accepting passengers. When the check in for these flights have been completed there are no new flights assigned to the drop offs. The passengers of these flights are the ones wandering around the baggage drop off area and doing nothing. Saving and reloading the game immediately assignes the baggage drop offs new flights and those passengers are starting to use the baggage drop off again. This process described above repeats itself continuously.

I have exactly the same problem as you have. One passenger gets stucked at self baggage drop-off and causing delays. I have to go and do alt+f10 and click on unoccupy nodes for persons to fix that.

1 Like

Okey, a few questions. @Jovzin
Pls send a bug report, if you want you can also post the number here.
Can you share a pic of your layout for self check-in.
If you just wait does some leave for manned check-in? (for me, some do leave but not all passengers)
How often does this happen? on let’s say out of 10 flights.
Will it in the end say that check-in is delayed? And is check-in still open when the flight arrives?

Reason for all the question is to really make sure you’re experiencing what i am.

I disabled the self-check in for now. Because for me it’s happening on almost every flight…
And if i press unoccupy nodes i will not get achievements anymore. But if more data or testing is needed i’m happy to enable it again.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.