Questionable aircraft pathfinding causing long delays

Hello again CEOs! I noticed that no matter how well I design my taxiways there will always be avoidable taxiway congestion. Normally I wouldn’t care, but my airport is now at a scale that those congestions can cause heavy delays. The taxiway priority always seems to follow a first come, first serve system even though it can often be very inefficient. An example is in the screenshot below

Even though the medium aircraft(3) could clearly move first and follow the train(1), it had to wait for the large aircraft(2)

Here’s another example where my entire arrival strip is deadlocked bc of one departing plane hogging the taxiway

A large aircraft off-screen(1) is the first in the queue, forcing the plane(2) that is literally already there to have to wait half an hour in-game. (3) is also waiting to depart, stopping the entire train of planes(4) behind it. I have tested and proven that once an aircraft pulls to the runway ramp, there is enough clearance for other aircraft to pass so this whole delayed train is all due to the weird priority for taxiway coded into the game. Would be better if it was more adaptive and did what most would agree is common sense in real life although I know that this coding is deeply embedded in the game

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.