Ramp agents on strike

Yea its a stands issue, but if paths are cached why do they not finish their jobs once started, or take ages between dropping of bags and getting more?

I cannot fully say as I currently cannot find out but I suspect that it is because a lot of other persons are requesting other complex paths. Regardless of wether the path they request is cached or not it still, right now, has to go through some initial stages of the path finding process which mean queueing (the benefit is that long paths are returned instantly instead of being plotted) and waiting for those other paths to be completed. As I said, a lot of performance gains can and will be done here.

Fair enough. I’ve gone back to making single tile airports as i suspect it’s casuing too many problems this early in alpha.

What do you mean by “single tile”?

All but one of my airports i edited the save to open the locked map tiles. I will not do that again until you officially support it.

2 Likes

I noticed also that I’m having always job tasks beeing ‘delayed’, even without any passenger and plane, only staff, on my Airport. Most of them resting, as ‘nothing to do’…

Randomly category, but most times ramp agents, security staff and Airport staff. No janitors, as seen for now…
PS: playing on original starting tile, only.

now it happend again: ramp agents standing in baggae bay and ignoring baggage and carts…

bug report submitted (title: “ramp agents stop at baggage bay”)

Great, that’s indeed a critical bug. Will have a look at it, thanks!

How big is this airport… ? I have been loading it for a while now… lol…

Edit: Okay, no way that I’ll be able to debug this with this machine. Sorry, will have blocked until we get better hardware but I suspect the issue is the dreaded pathfinding bottleneck. The ramp agents are probably waiting for their path requests to be processed. My official recommendation for now is to build smaller airports until we have the means to debug these big ones :stuck_out_tongue: