Randomisation

Feature request title:

Randomisation

Description:

So basically not everything will go smoothly as a Swiss watch and there will be some random events happen along operations. You will get what I mean via examples:

• Not all airplanes will break at the same distance on runway. For example 1 of 10 landing A320 will break further than normal. Or 1 of 15 B747 will break closer than normal. Same goes for take off.

• Not all airplanes in airplane types will taxi with same speed. For example 1 of 10 A320 will taxi with 10% more speed while 1 of 15 B737 will taxi 20% slower.

• 1 of every 200 passengers will arrive to airport way late than usual, like 1 hour before departure. Or 1 of every 100 passengers will arrive to airport way early than usual; like 7 hours before departure.

• Not all contractors will construct things in same speed. Every 1 of 20 contractor will be super man and construct things 50% faster while every 1 of 20 will be 50% slower.

• Not every vehicle in a vehicle type will have same speed. 1 of 5 fuel truck driver will be a racer and drives 10% faster than others. Or 1 of every 10 baggage truck will drive 20% slower than other baggage trucks.

• Transaction times on check in desks, boarding desks, counters, security points will be different. Every 1 of 100 people will spend 50% more time on these transaction points. Every 1 of 50 people will spend 100% less time on them.

• Passenger walking speed will be different along people. Some people will walk 5% faster, some walk 20% slower.

(list goes on and on)

Why it should be implemented:

Currently everything in game happens like a fully automatic factory. Everything moves with same speed with same options with same results and there is no “randomisation”.

Images, references or additional content:

None.

Great idea @EG0611 this is certainly a vote.

2 Likes

Yes pls.

3 Likes

This should also include a check in opening times overhaul. It looks weird that 100% of all pax are already at the airport and waiting for the opening of their check in desks.
Normally this splits up from 2-3 hrs before departure until 30-45min before dep.

5 Likes

Also passengers should spend different amounts of time at the check-in desk and security… Would be really neat to watch that passenger messing at the check-in as their baggage is overweight or something.

2 Likes

Also passengers should spend different amounts of time at the check-in desk and security…

• Transaction times on check in desks, boarding desks, counters, security points will be different. Every 1 of 100 people will spend 50% more time on these transaction points. Every 1 of 50 people will spend 100% less time on them.

This item was there for that purpose.

1 Like

Would be nice to be able to extend runways again, I hope it comes in beta…

1 Like

Hmm i love those ideas! But at the same time its perhaps a little frustrating to implement delays that the player has no way to control.

I mean for example as a player i can decide to place shops in the way of the people which generates revenue but can cause delays.

There is always a reason for the delay (bad traffic management, not enough infrastructure like subways, no taxi stands, long walk distances in the terminal, too long queues ) Perhaps those things should be made more obvious to the player?

I think its a good idea to have a list of all passengers in the airport, their stats and thoughts. Then there could be a “late marker”. This way the player can identify what caused the delay.

This would be very nice especially, as currently PAX tend to turn into a stream of people when leaving the airport. I sometimes try to mitigate this with random squares of staff zone to disperse them but it never really works.

Additionally it would be nice to have some deviations in path finding as well. For every node the PAX walks to, there could be a 50% it deviates by 1 to 3 squares from the optimal node.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.