Reduce damage rate

The runway repair function is required too often. This setting needs to be modified for sure.

2 Likes

Go in and repair a stand or the runway. Then go look only a few hours later. It’s too much - i could go bankrupt just repairing stands!

1 Like

Yes, it’s too much. I think we all agree on that. But I believe it’s better to come with a good and solid solution(like a maintenance crew that works at night or something like that) then to provide a quick fix for something of what we all know is an Alpha and its not really a game breaking bug.

3 Likes

You are correct, however in the meantime, they should hust adjust the rate by half or something until a better solution is made.

3 Likes

ah this could be cool! Can see the maintenance team driving around airside in a maintenance car and hopping out to fix things. You as CEO adjust the repair threshold and hours for repair. Great idea!

1 Like

I put this on the Steam discussions and have copied it here for those that don’t frequent the Steam boards.

It sort of makes sense that there is an initial cost, you wouldn’t have a repair crew out fixing the ramps every day and to be honest it was a little annoying having to check them for repairs as I would say a lot of players would repair every night at the least. It became a part of the routine, at least for me it did. Sure I have to watch them but I’m not constantly checking them to make sure there at optimal levels anymore. I don’t think it was an intended gameplay path to constantly be repairing those pads.
What I would like to see and it’s probably in the the grand plan already is that you would have to shut down the gate and get a construction crew in to repair it back to 100%, that would definitely give reason to the initial cost of calling out a work crew. Managing repairs would then need to be staggered over a few days or if you can vacate all flights on a gate then you could just close it as required during the day. It would give more reason to the construction crews and having them on hand for extended periods that isn’t related to just building out your airport.

To Add: After a fair amount of game play I have found that the costs aren’t crippling if you let them degrade to where they become unusable which is in the 20% area, I definitely made a fair amount of money before needing repairs. The problem I see with the addition of a board member managing the repairs is it never happened when it got low so I’m not sure at what level they get auto repaired but it needs to be just before they are unusable. I had to manually repair my stands. So far I have repaired my Medium stands twice and my commercial Small stands once. My GA stands haven’t needed to be repaired yet, I have 10 concrete GA stands at the moment and they are full most of the time. I haven’t taken much notice of how many days each stand lasted but will do so on my next session.
Finally I would say that the degradation needs to be tweaked for sure but I wouldn’t like to see it go to far, maybe double what it is now depending on the materials used eg: grass or concrete etc.

2 Likes

I think the magic question on this thread for @Olof and @Fredrik (aside from massive daily repair costs) is how much this influences the efficiency of turnaround time. If I’m getting $3000 per flight and I’m paying $8000 per day on repairs PLUS delays caused by inefficient turnaround because of degraded stand costs it’s a severe handicap (probably not intended). If I leave the stands and runway in disrepair does it influence turnaround time?

For players on MEDIUM or HARD difficulty ok. But I’m on easy level and it maybe has too hard of an effect.

Some good solutions from everyone here and I appreciate the dialogue to help make the game better!

1 Like

By the way everyone, I believe one of the recent updates implemented a feature where hiring a COO maintains the stands and runways more efficiently for you. I’m not sure how it works since I haven’t had time to test it but I believe this is the interim solution for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

I think you guys are missing one important clue - the aircraft (and the income they generate) is incredibly high but makes sense if you pay that much for maintenance. If the devs massively lowered the price of the maintenance just like that the game would make you swim in cash on day two.

The entire price model needs a lot of work but for now is generally OK. I expect them to improve on this gradually as they add more things and thus make it work better (i.e.).

1 Like

Easily fixed by making the cost to repair a lot higher. My beef is with the rate stands become heavily damaged.

1 Like

Oh yeah, that is definitely a bit off. But if the COO truly fixes them now it is not really an issue anymore.

1 Like

Does stand/runway damage actually have a gameplay effect, or is it just cosmetic/placeholder for something to be added later? I haven’t noticed any issues, yet almost all my stands are below 50% integrity.

EDIT: Whoops, didn’t realize how old this thread was…

1 Like

Once it gets too low you cannot use the stand or runway!

3 Likes

I agree, my runway drops to 37% after a day of operations. Unrealistic

1 Like

Must be cheep tarmac :joy::wink:

2 Likes

These blokes showed up, said we’ve just finished a job and have some tarmac left over, do you want us to do your runway :joy::joy:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.