Remote Stands with Joint Service Road

Feature request title:

Remote stands with joint service road

Description:

Currently every stand has its road and when I place s stand facing to each other there are 4 lanes of road in between them. It has to be 2 lane road. See picture below

Why it should be implemented:

Improve realism

Images, references or additional content:

_https://forum.apoglabs.com/t/ga-spots-and-remote-stands-in-future-looking-each-other-can-use-same-service-road/2025_

https://forum.apoglabs.com/uploads/db1788/original/2X/e/e36015f2fd57f15e0e2fbd377f37e425d9ea3975.png

10 Likes

Why stop there? Why not remove the road from the stand? This would allow us to place the road on the side as well

5 Likes

Fredrik said that such a change would break the old saves. Maybe brand new stand models can be created instead of replacing. AND for future, old stands would be disabled on construction menu.

1 Like

It doesnt have to. either some code to convert the old into the new on load or a small sqve altering program.
It’s alpha and the number of save breaking changes has been extremely low. It shouldbt be done on a whim, but we shouldnt shy away from it either.

And if new stands are needed, they might as well look at the stand sizes topic :wink:

But simply adding the new stand type would be good :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t care if an old save would break. if an idea would improve game pay, that should be more important. We all should find better game play more important than save games. :wink:

Apologies for the late reply, just jumped into the game.

1 Like

Meanwhile I remember Olof telling us sometimes, that we should keep in mind that old savegames could be a cause for bugs we report. That’s like telling us to start new games anyway. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m with you. Separate the stands from the roads (as they are from taxiways). That would give more flexibility in upgrading etc.
As for the save games, these new stands could be added as a new type and the old could remain… maybe. Anyway I’m not for implementing a converter on load or save, not in alpha/beta phase. This is okay when they game is released and new features would break game-saves.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.