Removing the service roads on stands?

Tried to build an area of remote stands. And felt that it would make more sense if the stands require a connection to service roads with blinking red squares (just like parking lots and bus stops. Coz in that way I can let two stands share one service road.

What do you think?

10 Likes

Yes please!

1 Like

I think there should be option the same as “Build jetway”
“Remove service road” or “Build service road” cost 4k-2.5k?

1 Like

Welcome to the forums. It has been discussed quite a few times the merits and pitfalls of having roads with/without when building stands. There are advantages to both systems it can be argued.

I agree wholeheartedly with your idea though, as do many others :). There are some movements though regarding roads etc as they no longer auto include a sidewalk. Perhaps other changes will arrive in the future? Whom knows.

5 Likes

To add to Rubble’s comment, there exists an idea from the DEVs that would introduce a non road stand, with a new object ID, then all old games would keep functioning, just new ones can only be build without road. Another addition in line with this idea is a stand that incorporates exiting road, so you dont have to remove road first when building a stand adjacent to existing roads.

5 Likes

This idea also sreates possibility of American style stands where vehicle access can be done from taxiway side (from back of airplane)

3 Likes

Vote for this!

Hey @Admins, we need more votes! :slightly_smiling_face:

I would like to see this as an option!

Reviving! :+1:

1 Like

100% support this! Would be great if the stands did not come with the road, but instead they have a road entrance and exit tile that needs to link to a road (similar to items like fuel depots and depots). Would give more flexibility for stands to be “face to face” using same roadway.

1 Like

Or keep the stands with service roads attached, but have them identify existing service roads when placing a stand so the service road on the stand can be placed over/directly on top of an existing service road

3 Likes

Yes. A nice idea. Sometimes I would prefer one way roads as well.

1 Like

And if removing service roads are implemented, perhaps it would also be possible for setting some one or two way aircraft movement for small and medium stands? In some airports, like Hanoi, at least some remote stands allow aircraft to just move forwards out of the stand in the same direction as it entered and not actually require the pushback service. I’ve only seen it for the medium aircraft (ATR-72 and A320s of Vietnam and Lao Airlines) though.

1 Like

Keflavik Airport in Iceland has this - remote stands where aircraft taxi through. Saves push-back but takes up more space as each stand needs two taxiways

1 Like

Many airport have this and that would be very nice in ACEO. But that’s not part of this topic here.

Check an existing suggestion for this feature:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.