Roadmap after release

What’s the roadmap after the release? Weekly updates seem like it would be too much to expect given the time it takes to test, but I know Prison Architect was able to pop out monthly updates. Any idea how it’ll go with the two man development team?

6 Likes

Might be a bit premature mate as we haven’t even got a game to play yet!

5 Likes

I remember back in the development of PA, monthly updates were perfect so i think it would work well here too. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

They will post somekind of trello page or so, where you vote for the feature that you want next

5 Likes

Oh did they mention that? That’s cool if so!

2 Likes

Thehy did mention that yes :slight_smile: They will make their Trello board public, so everyone can see and vote on new features to implement

6 Likes

Yes, once the dust has settled and we have taken care of all critical or high priority bugs we will launch the feature list which you will be able to vote for.

That voting won’t be absolute though, we might need to implement some other stuff prior to a certain feature but it will help us all to get a general sense of where the development should be going.

18 Likes

What system will you use to let us report bugs? There are some very good sites that’s tailored for just that. Or will you simply use the forums (I have no preference either way, just curious)

1 Like

We’re currently in the process of testing out a few different channels as we run our testing programs but I’d be happy to hear about any tips you have. What tool would you prefer us to use?

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of Jira, but perhaps that’s a bit much :slight_smile:

1 Like

As a QA tester for Squad we have simple bug report form made on google that sends us reports internally plus bug reports channel on discord and support zendesk. We plan on integrating form on website and sending responses to either slack or some other platform.
But we internally use JIRA, which is the best software for QA.

Not sure about making public bug reporting tools, in my opinion that doesnt do good for testers internally.
So i guess bug reports subforum and let people create topic, then you or testers can see which are duplicates and which are known, etc…

2 Likes

I personally recommend mantis bug tracking (https://www.mantisbt.org) its free and easy to use/read, but that’s just my personal opinion :smiley:

3 Likes

I think they were originally using Mantis for Arma3, and I liked it. Very user friendly.

2 Likes

Others beat me to it but I’ve used Mantis before with other games and I really liked it. Thorough but Friendly!

3 Likes

Mantis and bugzilla are great (if outdated feeling), free options.

One i’m missing is Trac. It has a built in wiki.

and one i found while looking around: leantesting.

1 Like

I’m a great fan of Squad and PR (project reality mod). Played PR for several years, still one of the best FPS games that are out there. Had some fantastic time there, I do play squad occasionally but have less time now (I wonder why…)

Google form is good as it is so easy to setup and share. We also use Trello for tracking.

Edit: I have played with RIP guys many times, maybe we have shared squad!

5 Likes

It works for ‘fire and forget’ type bug reporting, but if you ever want to update / elaborate on a bug report, you can’t.
Besides, wouldn’t it be easier if you had some community members weed out the duplicates for you? :smiley:

3 Likes

I am a big JIRA fan, using it daily !

1 Like

Wow i am surprised, we sure did. Yeah i am head of Squad Company for RIP, we are biggest clan in squad community, and our servers cause of that are quite popular.
Yeah i know in Sweden and all Scandinavians countries PR and Squad are really popular, lots of devs for Squad are from those countries too, Denmark especially.

PR is still way ahead of squad but thats cause its 11+ years in development and squad only 3,but next updates in squad are gonna change the game a lot and bring enough content, they are redoing core system, inventory and animations, then game is gonna look much better.

3 Likes

I used FlySpray in the past, it’s simple, free and not complicated… :wink:

1 Like