Runway capacity/missing baggage

Hi,

Quick couple of questions that I’ve not been able to find answers to.

1, how many take off/landings per hour can 1 runway take? I’m thinking that game time its about 10 mins for each event, so to run an efficient airport, I’m thinking of scheduling arrivals every 20 minutes or so(and therefore departures every 20 mins). Currently got around 16 medium stands, so should be able to manage this. What do you guys think?

2, EVERY arrival sees some poor soul waiting for his baggage and then get red alert saying passenger cant locate baggae, then passenger goes home. The baggage system is working fine. Can anyone advise on what the problem may be?

Thanks

1. landing every 10min up to 11min on game time
  2. don’t worry, it’s still under dev, so in the near future u will have no alert
    :flight_departure:

to be safe im scheduling flights every 30 min, therefore 4 per hour, then I’m building a second runway
:flight_departure:

1 Like

I think it’s 10 mins between planes (so 2 mins on a shared runway) - I might be wrong. I now build 2 runways, one for takeoff and another for landing anyway.

In Game Tıme Landing: 6~ minutes
In Real Time Landing: 13~ seconds
In Game Tıme Takeoff: 7~ minutes
In Real Time Takeoff: 17~ seconds

They are not realistic at all. In Game Time Landing and Takeoff needs to be between 90 seconds and 2 minutes.

1 Like

As for the aircraft values, we’re looking into making slight adjustments to them. We’ve overhauled the way they move about the world (on the internal branch) and are looking into additional tweaking. As you know however, we’re not massive fans on drastically altering functions depending on time in the game until we’re certain of the stability in the simulation systems.

This is a known issue, it’s a combination of a poor UI and notifications system and an old bug related to baggage offloading from the aircraft. As of our UI overhaul (we’re building a new notification system) we’ll make sure to make this go away.

1 Like

We are considering slowing down time slightly, it will never be up to realistic figures as that would make the game more or less unplayable. There are many aspects that we need to test first. Many of the built in systems such as flights, jobtask etc are very reliant on the game time, meaning a change like this can have unpredictable effects on basically anything in the game.

1 Like

We want at least realistic times down to 2mins please.

100% agree

it will never be up to realistic figures as that would make the game more or less unplayable. There are many aspects that we need to test first. Many of the built in systems such as flights, jobtask etc are very reliant on the game time, meaning a change like this can have unpredictable effects on basically anything in the game.

You are absolutely right. But please also consider this: An airport with just 4 stands (small medium doesn’t matter) shouldn’t need 2 or even 3 runways to keep up the flight schedule.

Wow

First post I’ve made and dev’s reply!

Thanks for the replies. Most Helpful.

I accept that landing times cannot be 100% accurate, and for me, this doesn’t take anything away from the game. I just wanted to work the best strategy for a 1 runway airport with no GA and how many stands I would need to cater for. I think I will go for 10 stands with 30 minutes between landing with an hour after departure until next arrival at gate.

I’m glad point 2 has been picked up cos it;s quite annoying especially as I freak out every time I see a red alert.

Brilliant game - especially now I’ve got the mods and real airlines, However I wonder if the devs have thought of the possibility of being named in a divorce case, cos I’m playing the game more than spending time with the wife!! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You will find the dev’s in the game very active within the community and will always take time to respond in kind. They do listen to the community as well. :grinning::grinning: They also respond very quickly as well. :heart_eyes:

Keep the wife happy though. :grin::sweat_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.