Secure zones bug out

When building the airport by redesigning on the fly, modifying zones a lot etc. they end up always bugging out big time.

Build a terminal, change the size, remove some old, add some new, go big. Game loses it.

I came back after probably 5 months to check if things are better and apparently not really.

I did manage to file a bug report eventually, I think it was 44096 or 69 at the end.

Hi

What exactly is the bug?
We can’t see how the zones are connected (or not). Should Zone 1 and 2 be connected?

After lots of constructions and complicated ways it’s sometimes possible that a zone doesn’t merge correct. If redrawing secure zone on top of it doesn’t work, a reload of the samegame usually solves the issue and merges them.

Bug is for example 3 separate instances of zone 1 which aren’t connected by any means. Having zone 1 and 3 on top of each others, when there is only one zone covering the whole terminal.

I know loading a save helps, but this has been an issue for around 2 years, and I’ve reported it several times. Yet, there seems to be no remedy coming for it.

There’s been multiple different variations of this bug out there, yes, but all of them have been fixed. If this is a different zone related bug we’ll fix this one as well. Are you sure they’re (the zones) not connected via transition objects (i.e. stairs or elevators).

If you hop over to the experimental branch you can make a bug report (it has the correct and updated Jira settings). Otherwise it will be fixed on the default branch next week.

Some areas are but those triple zone 1s aren’t. Game just loses a plot completely when security zone has several changes over say 6 hour play period. I did file a bug report, number is on the first post.

Unfortunately I cannot find either of those numbers reported. If you can get on the experimental branch and drop us a new report we’ll be able to have a look at it.

I doubt I’ll be able to do that as it would need lot of playing time to get the bug happening again and I don’t have that. I did report 44909 issue from the same save though.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.