Security Issues

I have no problem when it comes to transportation and check-in. Usually transportation comes out to 38/38 or 130/130 for example. And then check-in usually the same 38/38 and 130/130. However, when we get to security I usually get 24/38 or 114/140. Which means the issue im having isn’t transportation or the check-in process, but with security. I have a good amount of security checkpoints so I don’t get why not every passenger is making it through, especially because the security line is usually empty before the plane’s usually arrive. Does anyone know why this issue might be occuring?

1 Like

Hey,
Can you provide a screenshot of your airport please

4 Likes

Hope this helps!

• As you can see below in the flight monitor, it shows no issues with passengers getting to the airport or checking in, it only shows a problem with security, but I have 7 checkpoints and 8 gates and most passengers make it through very quickly, so i’m not sure why it is a security related issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
1 Like

Hey,
Passengers are going through security as indicated on the flight monitor, what I can see through your screenshots is that you don’t have enough transit infrastructure such as bus stops, car stops, taxi stops and subways. So I would build more transit infrastructure and see if that makes any difference to passengers arriving at your airport. Hopefully, that is able to help you in solving this issue

1 Like

The PAX are getting to the airport and checking in, so no problems with the transit structures. The screenshot of the flight monitor is taken eight minutes before the first flight is due to touch down, so there’s plenty of time for the PAX to get through security before boarding opens. If the security items are still yellow when the boarding opened for the flight, then there is an issue between check-in and security.

Is there an issue with cafe, shopping or toilets? Click on the boarding desk and all PAX associated with the flight on that boarding desk should be highlighted with a green circle round their feet - have a look all round the terminal and see where they are.

1 Like

I’m not sure what the issue is, it could possibly be a bug I am not sure. I would submit a bug report using the in-game report bug tool so it can get looked at by the developers.

1 Like

Same thing happened to me too. I have to close the airport so that the security will reset and I added more security checkpoint so that passengers would pass the security checkpoint faster.

1 Like

Difficult to say, doesn’t look like the passengers are even attempting to pass the security checkpoints so I am suspecting some issue with the zone connections. Can you send a few screenshots with zones enabled? Also are you sure that the stands the flight are leaving from are connected to the security checkpoints in question (blue lines)?

3 Likes

Below show’s a gate with the blue lines connected to security. I clicked on each gate and they were all connected to the security checkpoints. Attached is also a photo of the current zoning. Please let me know if you notice anything!

1 Like

@Olof I think I got to the bottom of it! Notice the screenshots I posted above show a fully autonomous check-in process. Only check-in kiosks and baggage drops with no workers. Well I just finished and activated my baggage system and sure enough, people are now making it through security. I think the issue is: PAX were checking in, but since the baggage system wasn’t enabled and they couldn’t drop off their bags, the PAX decided to just leave the airport, thus not passing through security. As you can see my flight process monitor below, it now shows green right after activating my baggage system. I think a simple fix to this would be even if the baggage system is not available, PAX should still go to security to catch their flight instead of leaving the airport. Please let me know your thoughts!

1 Like

Wait… so if your insight I am reading is correct, self check-in will only work properly with baggage enabled on?

1 Like

I believe so! When I completely renovated my check-in area to be all self-service, the PAX issue began to occur with not everyone passing through security. However, my baggage system was not yet set up. Today I finished the baggage system and activated it and the PAX issue resolved itself. I can’t say for sure that the baggage system is the fix for the issue, but now PAX are making it through security and catching the flights.

1 Like

If you try putting at least some regular check ins I think we will know for sure. Or just ask the @Devs. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Will wait for a response from the Dev’s or Olof to see if they can re-create this issue and see if it can be fixed or if maybe you can only do self-service fully if you have a couple regular desks. Will send them my save if it helps or if they ask for it. Maybe i’ll report a bug and attach my save so they have easy access to it. But ultimately will wait for a response before seeing what the Dev’s think of this issue.

1 Like

That is a good idea! :+1: I wonder how long it will take them though with all of the bug reporting though. :bug: :beetle: :ant: The @Devs squash all kinds of bugs!

1 Like

Ah, I understand, this is probably it yeah, I will take a look.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.