This one is becoming really frustrating and has been referenced by other players in topics but not sure it’s been specifically discussed much…
Security Checkpoint staffing issues in any airport with more than 2-3 checkpoints.
- Security checkpoints temporarily unmanned due to change over and breaks
- Available staff resting in staff with but are not dispatched to the task in enough time to reopen the checkpoints
- Passengers lose their place in queue and change to another available checkpoint
- Multiple staff rooms across the security area, or one large/narrow staff room, neither seem to resolve this issue
- Multiple staff or shared toilets surrounding the security checkpoints does not resolve this.
- 2-3x security staffing compared to the requirement, with full staff rooms, still checkpoints are left unmanned during change over/breaks causing passengers to endlessly change between checkpoints.
Any tips or advice on this appreciated, but having built many successful airports in the game I know this is not just a simple user error or poor building as I’ve closely monitored staff moving from facilities to checkpoints short distances, this isn’t a zoning issue.
It seems to be more an issue of the task allocation and possibly an issue with the coding/timings of the security checkpoint staff change over/breaks