Selecting Multiple Objects and Apply Changes to ALL Selected Objects at Once

So here are some pictures of what I talk about; On the first picture there are 18 medium security points. I want them to be opened and serve to only passengers.

Mouse click 1: Open security station menu
Mouse click 2: Deselect staff tag
Mouse click 3: Open stand
(close menu by pressing ESC)

AND REPEAT IT 17 MORE TIMES!!! (That is 51 mouse clicks including hovering mouse in between buttons)

Why I need to do the same thing 17 more times? Why I can’t just select 17 security points at once, then deselect staff and open stand with 1 click? So that I wouldn’t waste my gameplay time and my finger effort.

This also includes queues. I don’t want to waste my game time to build 17 EXACTLY SAME queues. When I am building a queue I want it to be applied to other 17 security stations.

Another example; There are 4 check in desks and I want to connect them to the 1 baggage bay.

Mouse click 1: Open check in desk menu
Mouse click 2: Select “connect to baggage bay” icon
Hover mouse from 1 side of airport to other side
Mouse click 3: Select target baggage bay
(close menu by pressing ESC)

AND REPEAT IT 47 MORE TIMES!!! (That is 141 mouse clicks including hovering mouse in between buttons AND in between check in desk and baggage bay)

I am not joking I feel like: “F** that who got time for this?!” and then I quit the game.

So basically what I want to see is that linking multiple objects at once and being able to select multiple objects at once and apply changes to all selected objects at once.

8 Likes

@EG0611

A tool like this would definitely make gameplay easier for those with larger airports.

I agree :smile:

Would be nice to select multiple items together with the ctrl button, as in explorer.

3 Likes

Use SHIFT/CRTL click, just like in Windows for files if you ask me. Or drag select BOX and auto-group.

So;

1. select
  2. shift select
  3. shift select
  4. connect to baggage bay

Or advanced;

1. select
  2. shift select
  3. shift select
  4. make group
  5. open group menu
  6. assign group to baggage bay
    extra I;
  7. dis-assign group
  8. assign group to another baggage bay
    extra II;
  9. close all group objects
  10. open all group objects

Besides, you could have the supergroups in this menu;

• close ALL objects called “x” (runway, security station, etc)
  • open ALL objects called “x” (runway, security station, etc)

This menu could also have a toggle;

• deliver objects “open” on airport > YES/NO.
1 Like

I just want to be able to do same thing with less mouse clicking and hovering. That’s all :blush:

1 Like

That’s why I never bothered with changing colour; it’s way too tedious and the UI is still cumbersome for this purpose…

Actually they made a tool just for that. The paintbrush. It DEFINITELY made recoloring easier. Since a tool can choose and change color of multiple different types of objects with 1 click, I assume copy-paste feature and multiple selecting object features have potential in them.

Copy paste feature:

We will have large stands and 787, I want to enjoy the game while I don’t want to waste my time on building same thing AGAIN and AGAIN or setup objects with same options AGAIN and AGAIN.

By the way I just realized, when multi floors are there and when there are 50 check in desks on Floor +2 while baggage bay on -2, how do we connect them? Select 1 and change 4 floors? That will make trhings worse now I have to click 4 MORE MOUSE BUTTONS FOR EVERY CHECK IN DESK?

(WARNING) Me right now

https://i.imgflip.com/gvvzs.jpg

(WARNING) Me right now

In EVE online we have a word for this; Clickfest. Its mostly for Planetary interaction :smiley:

1 Like

@EG0611

Do we have to ability to save color presets within the paint menu yet?

Do we have to ability to save color presets within the paint menu yet?

We have

AND REPEAT IT 47 MORE TIMES!!!

I was staring >100 in the eye before my latest monstrosity of a project failed life after the new update… I think I made too many objects… and it quit… but this task really can get tedious.

1 Like

I really hope this is implemented at some point

I really hope this is implemented at some point

It is even mandatory at the moment and I can’t imagine what will happen when large airplanes and multi floors are added.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.