Self Service Check In Machines & Bag Drop

Feature request title:

Self Service Check In Machines & Bag Drop

Description:

Many airlines have a self-check-in process allowing passengers with bags to check-in at the self-service kiosks with luggage. Passengers then attach the baggage tag and drop the bag at the baggage drop belt. Passengers without checked luggage can go straight to the departure lounge.

These are very commonly seen in most major airports now.

Why it should be implemented:

This would reduce the number of staff required for check in desk operations. It would also reduce the queues at the standard check in desks.

Maybe airlines could even be charged for the service?

Images, references or additional content:

Images examples Malta and Eindhoven Airports.
c07ab4ed-7204-45c9-a8df-344a3da678a0

Self Check-in Counter

Yes! Great shot!

To get it even further - some airlines could be LCC, where (let’s say) 60% of passenger would be checked in online.

Yes, would be awesome.

You can actually see the artwork in Devlog 100! (Right corner)

Looks superb @Jettuh

Think this would be an awsome “later game” procurement. When you have a big airport where theres not enough room for all checkincounters. Then you could procure the Self checkin machine and “uppgrade”/“change” checkindesk to “bag drop”, then assigne theese to specifik airlines. This will mean that several airlines i.e departures could use the same bag drop counter thous making the airport need less checkin counters :slight_smile:

@Jettuh @Olof @Fredrik

Do these 3D images suggest that there will be a 3D mode in the future? :wink:

Unfortunately not :frowning: the game will remain 2D.
However the assets are created in 3D for best results in terms of adding shadow so it looks great :slight_smile:

@Jettuh

Ah that’s a shame, will these textures be implamentedninto the game with a 3d type appearance?

I see a fire truck, aye

I see a fire truck, aye

Unfortunalety these red trucks are red-colored fuel trucks.