Server Relocation and Forum Downtime

Hello CEOs!

Per this week’s devlog we announced that the server hosting this forum and the Airport CEO website will be relocated due to the fact that @Olof is moving.

The relocation will occur today and will start at 18:00 UTC+2 and is expected to take minimum two hours and maximum 24 hours. This is because we are switching IP adress and will thus have to re-point our DNS to the new adress, which can take anywhere from 10 minutes to 24 hours depending on our provider. However, we how and expect that it will take less time than 24 hours.

Thank you for your time and understanding, once the transition is complete and we have verified that everything works as expected we will unveil the new contest!

HAL9000

5 Likes

Nice to hear HAL! We have the best confidence in you, looking forward to be relocated! :wink:

5 Likes

Did someone say a new contest? :wink: I wonder what it could be… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Forum is now shutting down.

So, is the forum already back online or hasn’t it been shut down yet? :stuck_out_tongue:

so his message is from 2 hours before then we can assume moving the server is done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Btw @Olof I see what you did there :wink:

Yeah true… I didn’t check the forum in the last hours so didn’t know if it already went offline haha… The forum is probably still offline for some people as the DNS records are updating worldwide… :slight_smile:

Forum is now back online! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Do we find out about the contest now?!

Soon, sometime tonight! :wink:

Fun fact: The server is now located 67 meters over the over the ocean!

Also we’d be happy to hear about any performance issues, i.e. if the forum is running slower than usual.

1 Like

Nice to know the move is going well! Can’t wait to see the contest!

Not noticing much difference at the moment.

2 Likes

There’s only a relatively small amount of data you’re ever gonna need. If you notice a difference then something either was or is terribly wrong :stuck_out_tongue:

Actually, although it is still quite acceptable, I will admit it is noticeably slower. Nothing to worry about though devs. :slight_smile:

Looks like we’ve got some e-mail registration issues, will hold off the contest until those are resolved. :confused:

1 Like

Can’t wait! Hopefully it all works out!

E-mail problem solved, here we go…

4 Likes

How about less restrictive password requirements (lower the minimum to 8 characters), can never remember it. Heck it’s stricter than any of my bank and credit card websites…

1 Like

You have Gotten a very secure bank than​:grinning::grin:

1 Like