Service Truck Shortage & Delays

Here you go!

PS: I did not know about the flight process monitor :slight_smile:
Could it be because I have two different terminals? And some are stuck in the small one?

1 Like

Suggestions;

• have depots for service vehicles across each Cargo Bay, assign them vehicles.
  • maybe create 4 secure zones, to seperate PAX streams

• maybe create 4 secure zones, to separate PAX streams - So I would need to create a wall in between each zones?

This would do your terminal turnover speed good I think, less walking distance for PAX.

Build walls, then reload the game, since they wont separate in the same session.

Don’t think it’s working…Look at the checkpoint, it’s still showing all gates.

It would be great to be able to assign the checkpoints to the boarding desks that you want.

What happens if you rebuild the checkpoint? did you reload the game?

Maybe close the checkpoint, then reload … difficult area we are in :stuck_out_tongue:, its not native to the game ;).

Yes still the same.

So if I delete all of the zone and none of them touch each other then it sometimes work.

Keep us up to date :smiley:

So just to confirm this would be why I have delays?

I just thought what could generally upgrade handling speeds of your airport, its all related.

Right but there is never a long queue in my security lines…So not sure if that would be the root cause.

1 Like

Looks like your security is all in one zone, correct? If that is the case, it will happen that PAX will use a security station on the far left and have to walk to the far right to get to their gate. Please have a read through this guide where I tried to explain how you can setup different security zones in your airport. Please note that the mentioned bug is still there, so if you had connected secure zones only a save and reload could undo that.

If you want to have separated secure zones, check to which boarding desks the security stations are connected, if they are connected to all boarding desks, you have some work on your hands…
If that is the case I would suggest to try the following as a step by step:

• Delete a secure zone, i.e. the top left, including where the walls are as zones run through underneath walls. Delete a little bit more than you want, to be sure zones are not connecting anymore
  • Save & reload
  • Draw the new secure zone in that area not connecting to any other secure zone
  • Save & reload
  • Check if the security station(s) in that area are only connected to the stands in the newly created secure zone, if that is the case repeat these steps for the other zones you want to create
  • If not… Try to remove the security station(s)
  • Save & reload
  • Build a new security station in that zone
  • Check if the security station(s) in that area are only connected to the stands in the newly created secure zone, if that is the case repeat these steps for the other zones you want to create

Hope any of this works.

1 Like

I decide to create a brand new airport and start really small with just 3 stands. I am now seeing some luggage stuck on the departure side as seen below. I have 5 trucks for luggage. Now this also causing some delayed flights i think.

So it seems like the plane A3 got stuck and might that’s why. I just dismissed the plane. Seems like all of the plane at this gate gets stuck.

Go with 2 trucks for Luggage per medium stand.

So I built TWO separate terminals and none of my zones are touching and yet the stand still wants to use the checkpoint from the other terminal.

Between the stands the zones are connected:

Zones must be completely separated, otherwise it will not work.

Look closely you will see that the zones are not. Or am I blind?

They still could be if under the walls are zoned as secure? You also have to do a S&RL to get the game to know they are separate as well if they are.

1 Like

S&RL worked :slight_smile:

2 Likes