Shop information and strategies

Did a small experiment today:

That doesn’t seem to be working, as no passenger is interested in going into either store on either side :frowning:
Good thing is that the store personnel, that are on the secure side counter, go through security as they should :slight_smile:
So apparently stores must be either secure or non secure side, but the game doesn’t state anything around it as a warning.

1 Like

Hang on Puma, I though you couldn’t create a shop or food room in between zones.

Indeed when you try to built a store over different zones, the game gives you an error that you cannot cross over multiple zones. But you can if you built the store area first and then create a security zone over it.

Tested a bit more and re-zoned the top store to a secure zoned shop and then PAX start to buy things, same if I de-zone the lower shop into non secure or zone it to secure. If I re-zone it to half secure PAX stay away again, so there is secure zone influence for sure but without warnings.

Edit: Filed a bug report (ACEO-7385)

That sounds like a bug. You know what to do :wink:

2 Likes

What do you think this error message is there for? hehe

Though, that’s also what alpha-/beta-testing is for … finding problems caused by PEBKAC so they can be avoided in the future. Great work. :wink:

1 Like

Lets create an update;

Here I created a funnel towards check-in desks.

Most people arriving use the bottom entree to enter the terminal, and all do pass the 2 shops and are forced over the shop ground. They both “complete” daily.

Somewhat later, all PAX going to security pass a shop, which is the only one before security, it gets a very decent sales rate.

After security you can go south, to a medium wing and all small stands; they all walk through a 8 shops/food corners.

When building a terminal more north, I added a shop over there too.

The main tips for shops in ACEO is unless they are big and you have a good trafic flow, they dont really pull their weight and I personally believe that they need to be tweaked as small shops in small airport are not economical and are not worth the effort.

I have never seen contracts for Valentino, Cafe Aristocratic, Bistro Beheme and Belanger Jewellers. Are they still in the game?

Definitely yes for Cafe Aristocratic, Bistro Boheme and Belanger Jewellers as I have contracts with all three of them. Don’t know about Valentino.
But it depends on your airport rating. If you have many delays, you won’t get their offers.

Update data (beta 5):
1st: Shop table, 2nd: Cafe table, 3rd: Restaurant table.
Small note: the area (or others values) can change very slightly.

4 Likes

Nice table. It would be better if you display cooking station, stoves, modular sofas… on separated columns.

1 Like

I just edited the image as you propose

3 Likes

Looks amazing! Maybe pop it onto the wiki? :smile: :wink:

1 Like

Request; can you add a MAX(x) to each column of restaurants requirements. So, you can make a copy-able standard layout.

Edit; maybe add a MAX(x) to the other table columns as well.

Also, maybe add the titles; Shop table, 2nd: Cafe table, 3rd: Restaurant table on top of each one.

Just wish the passenger behaviour was balanced out better/more spontaneous! Everyone using the same nearest restaurant/shop causes big issues with meeting sales targets. Cheers for the table though!

I do not understand your request

He means what is the max amount of an object that any franchise will require. This is so that we can make a cafe template that works with any franchise we choose

1 Like

Who came up with the idea to set prices in Bellanger at $ 8,000-10,000? Why is this done to destroy interest in the game?

Then don’t use Bellanger

2 Likes