Shopping and Dining

So, I was just looking in the forum when it hit me: There is no main thread for shopping and dining! I made one with these questions.

1. Will the names of restaurants, fast food places, shops, and lounges have a made up name, or one similar to a real name. For example, that place Hudson News? It is in a ton of US airports, there is 11 in JFK alone! Would the devs just have a made up shop with no resemblance to the real thing what so ever? Or will they make a shop that is just like the real thing, but the name being “Harlem News” or something like that? Personally, I think that the latter would be better, because it is like having real shops in your fake airport.

2. This goes with another thread, but will there be a main area for items and food to be delivered? Will it be flown in to the cargo area, than brought to the stores? Or will a big truck come, and put boxes on a trolley or something to be brought to the store the items are needed for? And will you order the items, or will the shops order them?

3. For dining, will you have to have a central food court, or can you spread the restaurants out? As you make the airport, I am pretty sure you can do either. It would be the same for shops, either spread throughout the terminal or a main shopping hall?

4. This goes for all items, but when you buy, is there some sort of tab you pull out that gives you options on what you are able to buy (i.e. SECURITY Wand: 100 $ TSA baggage processor: 2000 $) like in many games. You will select what shops and restaurants come, and what kind of an item you want. This is how you buy buildings in games like Clash of Clans, and I prefer that mode of buying.

P.S. Sorry for the long description of my ideas!:slight_smile:

5 Likes

How about shop/restaurant zoning? You select an area for shops and then business’s can approach you in the same fashion as airline contracts.

1 Like

Edit: Just saw one video, it looks like there will be something like what I suggested in 4. @Aeroflot808 I said, since you are the CEO, you CAN decide where you wanna put the shops. You could do a central area for them or spread them out more.

From the Devlogs so far, this seems to be the current proposed system…

I have not seen as many dev logs as you, but aeroflot808s idea is a good one. However, and I have said this before, you are building the airport, so wouldn’t you be able to decide where they go? I need answers for 1, 3, and 4 too please.

In answer to your questions:

'1. I think that the names will be made up. We saw already corresponding behavior in the airline names (for example CLM instead of KLM).
'3. I suppose that you can just spread them out.
'4. I’m not 100% understanding your question. Do you mean that you only see the items that you’re able to buy with the amount of money that you have? Or do you mean something else?

Please feel free to correct/complement me if you have any other information! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just watch some Prison Architect gameplay videos on YouTube and you’ll get what we want to say.

We create the shops, put some objects into it (basic ones… like heaters, slabs) and zone that room into Shop category. Then we will receive offers from various franchisees/contractors, for opening a shop there. The shops may also ask us to put some additional objects…I guess
I don’t know if this is 100% correct but I feel it’s something like this.

None of us can really answer until those videos come out. So just wait for few hours/days… We all will get answers.

1 Like
  1. Definitely different names… Most shop chains/franchisees have their name trademarked/copyrighted (idk what the correct term is) so some may not like their names in the game. So it’ll be better if we use slightly modified names.
    @JeremyK :+1:

2. This could be interesting… on one hand it will make the game more realistic and will make it better to watch the game going idle. It could be simulated during nights when there are less passengers.
    But on the other hand, it will add unnecessary objects that may lag the game when you have too many shops along with too many passengers.

3. It took me a while to understand it. Ummm… I don’t know. Let’s wait for the videos. I personally favour having a central dining court along with shops spread around the airport. Because this is what most airports look like

4. That’s a suggestion and not a question. In real an airport manager cannot decide which shops to build in airport. He/she block shops and invite some. But cannot control the selection.

Ex: I am CEO. I want McDonald’s but McDonald’s doesn’t want to come. I cannot do anything.
Currently the game gives a list of shops chains which want to setup in the particular shop. And you choose which to accept. So it’s still in your control.

My answers are based on gifs only. So they maybe wrong.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I found an older topic that answers your question n° 2:

1 Like

Maybe this dev log is interesting :slight_smile:
http://airportceo.com/devlog-28-ui-fixes-franchises/

I did say, have a similar name. For example, mcdonalds would be something like McRonalds, so instead of using the real name, just use one the gives you the general idea of what that place is supposed to be.

So let the player change the name of the restaurant and of the cuisine. That way the player can himself determine what he wants. The game only has to look at the unique cuisine names and make a random choice

Duty Free for bigger airports

Aren’t these already discussed and even be shown in “First Gameplay” footage?

Restaurants in general - yes, Cuisine (naming) - no

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.