Shuttle bus terminal

Let us have a shuttle bus terminal at our airport which can serve up to six shuttle busses

We currently can build single shuttle bus stops and even connect more of them to a singular stand. However, this solution might cause trouble in case of big birds, where a big number of PAX are hauled to the bird or arriving from it. PAX could possibly split up to two or more bus stops, which would work fine or out of reasons not fathomable (the way of PAX pathing is a mysterious one) just clog up one of them and ignore the others. A multi-bus terminal would solve this problem in that regard, as the PAX only see one single instance to go to.

Description:

It would be a multi bus-stop as buildable prop. Compare it to the service vehicle parking lots in that regard with additional waiting houses attached for the PAX

Why it should be implemented:

It might simply look better than 4 or more of the current ones and might prevent pathfinding issues. Now I do get the possible problem, that an entity connected to more than one stand could result in problems, but it works for baggage already doesn’t it? So I guess this might be doable

Images, references or additional content:

_

_

I get the idea and the issue there might be, but have to remember, these facilities operate in a heavily controlled and often dangerous area, airside and on the ramp.

Realistically, airports must strictly control the walking route to and from a terminal to a stand or a airside bus picking up or dropping off. Also, depending on the boarding process, most airlines will insist on strict segreation from the moment they pass the boarding desk, to the moment they board the aircraft at the stand. All about limitting the risk of a mix up :slight_smile: Particularly international flights. Not to mention how distracted the public are in airports, they literally need herding like lost sheep and understandably so, they arent familiar with the airports as much as the staff.

Maybe the size of the bus bay can be reduced to 3 tiles and the bus pulls in at an angle? and maybe the attached pathway isn’t as wide? Just a thought to work around the issue.

1 Like

If airport regulations speak against this idea, then we could void the idea but at least it has merits for the outside of the airport i.e. city-bound buses. THERE it could be useful.

1 Like

Totally support this for the transit buses, absolutely :slight_smile: that is a good idea. But airports generally do have very spacious taxi/bus/parking pathways to allow for crowds and all their luggage to move about. But I do agree the issue of fitting a lot of them together is difficult, and something like the airside vehicle parking lot would be cool to have for the transit buses out the front.

I think I’ve heard that there are plans for the spawning of passengers waiting for a transit bus to be improved by the developers, all in good time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.