SkyFly Airlines

Airline Design Contest Submission

Airline Name: SkyFly Airlines

Airline Description: SkyFly Airlines is a normal priced airline based in Brussels, Belgium. The airline was founded in 2009 and has a nice fleet of various aircrafts together with a comprehensive international network. They experienced a strong growth throughout the years thanks to their professionalism and quality of service.

Airline CEO Name: Quinten Ampe

Airline Design Image:

Please note that this airline design is based on a the virtual airline ‘SkyFly Airlines’. I was part of this virtual airline which ceased its operations in 2015. I have permission from the creator of this virtual airline to use the name, logo and design in this contest. The CEO name has been named after him as sign of estimation.

You can see the real A320 SkyFly Airlines on the pictures below! (Picture made in Flight Simulator X, sorry for the bad quality! :frowning:)

FSX_01

FSX_02

All feedback is welcome. Of course, I won’t change too much on this design as it is based on the real painting :smiley:

Thanks for reading and good luck to everyone! :four_leaf_clover:

Edit: Still hesitating wether to keep the URL on the side… Opinions welcome! :smiley:

26 Likes

Well done in advance for winning! :+1::grinning::joy:

1 Like

Haha thanks! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I hope to win, but I already saw some amazing designs passing by!

1 Like

Really nice design, probably one of the best in my opinion. Good luck !

1 Like

Thanks! :smile: Can’t take full credit for the design, but did my best to implement it! :smiley:

I find this kinda smart, the design. I like it!

1 Like

Thanks! :smiley:

I really like it. Simple yet colorful and it has airline’s website on it :smiley:

I have permission from the creator of this virtual airline to use the name, logo and design in this contest.

How do we sure he won’t sue developers for using his work? Maybe 1 day when ACEO becomes popular like FSX, wouldn’t he sue Apoapsis Studios for money? Do you have written agreement with him?

2 Likes

Thanks! :smiley:

As I said, the virtual airline doesn’t exist anymore… He would never sue Apoapsis Studios for something like this… In fact, he probably won’t even win it. I talked to the creator and he said that it’s okay for him. If this design would win, I will make sure that we have some kind of written agreement on this. :smiley:

1 Like

I see. Well I just want to warn you because humanity is a hard creature to understand :slight_smile:

Edit: Still hesitating wether to keep the URL on the side… Opinions welcome! :smiley:

Keep it, it gives a style to your airline also most of IRL airlines have their website on them. Also it is free airline advert who doesn’t love free adverts!

1 Like

Tbh I would think about what type of airline you’re trying to create when deciding about the URL. If you want a legacy carrier type airline then I would get rid of it, because it cheapens the appearance. But if you’re tending toward the lower cost end then adding it makes sense. ‘Normal’ airline is somewhat ambiguous so it’s up to you :stuck_out_tongue: Otherwise nice clean design (and I like that the livery is not regionally specific, so it’ll fit in at any airport!) :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love the clean look

1 Like

Thank you both for your nice words!

Didn’t think about this yet! I’m not sure if it really ‘cheapens’ the appearance, but yeah… I get what you mean :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol XD. I ‘created’ the airline Sky Fly… three, four… maybe five years ago. Without knowledge of this virtual airline. I thought to be original (it still is the best airline name), but there was an other Sky Fly too… lol XD. I always use it at Airlinesim, now i am at the gameworld Otto and i made my own livery to… it is worth it to take a look at it :wink:
An other great name is AeroWings :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Cool! Feel free to share some pics on here! :smiley: