[Solved] Graphics issue - grass blue

I just started playing the game again and the second I start a new game (or load an older one), I get the same issue: There seem to be something wrong with the graphics. The grass seem to be blue, and the rain seem to fall forever into oblivion.

I should have good enough specs to play it?

OS X El Capitan
2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB graphic card

Hope you can help me as I really want to start playing again. Thanks!

Oh you have a nice OLD save there :heart_eyes:

The map size was reduced down and some textures updated. The result was that the old map size broke I’m afraid to say. Yes I kept playing on that one as long as I could too.

If you start a new game with the smaller map size all should be good. Fellow Mac user too :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oh new game too??? Hmmmm. Have you tried the EXP version?

Doesn’t work with exp version either, unfortunately.

Did you press F4? F4 toggles the grass on and off.

Honestly don’t know if this is the case. But tried pressing F4 on my mac, but that only toggles the menues.

Do you only have integrated graphics?

Yes I am almost positive that is the case. Have a 15 inch macbook pro (medio 2015). The thing is that I’ve played the game before, and I didn’t have any issues.

I though the 15" MBP had a dedicated GPU as well?.

Try starting the game with the option key held down and see if you get this menu. You might be able to select options.

I always get this menu. But the “graphics device to use” is greytoned as automatic.

And if you try a lower resolution and higher quality like 1680x1050 and Good?

Unfortunately doesn’t work either. Really stumped

Have you tried a save from the workshop?

This is extremely weird. How much VRAM do you got?

Rubble: The saves that I try to subscribe to, I am not able to play when I open the game.
Olof: I should have 2GB if I read the specs right.

Really appreciate you guys trying to solve this for me!

I even tried to play the game a bit now. At simple graphics there are no workers. Their work is done, but they can’t be seen. If I switch it to good I can see their progression bars over their heads, but still not them, and if I switch it to fantastic, I get a glitchy screen.

Can you post the first few lines from the output log please? You can find it here…

Initialize engine version: 2018.4.8f1 (9bc9d983d803)
GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
2019-09-28 11:11:58.902 Airport CEO[12043:1164636] Color LCD preferred device: Intel Iris Pro Graphics (low power)
2019-09-28 11:11:58.902 Airport CEO[12043:1164636] Metal devices available: 1
2019-09-28 11:11:58.902 Airport CEO[12043:1164636] 0: Intel Iris Pro Graphics (low power)
2019-09-28 11:11:58.902 Airport CEO[12043:1164636] Using device Intel Iris Pro Graphics (low power)
Initializing Metal device caps: Intel Iris Pro Graphics
Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly

• Completed reload, in 0.080 seconds
    The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘LeftTail’) is missing!

(Filename: Line: 294)

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘RightWing’) is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘Text’) is missing!

The referenced script on this Behaviour (Game Object ‘RightProp’) is missing!

I thought that model had a dedicated gpu as well. In system prefs is the a way to switch the mode of the graphics. I’m afk and cannot remember which on is was in. Strange it’s going low power mode.

Do you mean automatic graphics switching? I don’t have that possibility as my mac only has one card.

Is there a way to see the full graphics specs with all details? I would like to know open gl version etc.