Staff friendliness rating

My staff rating is stuck at 33%. I have all of passenger service agents max trained and working the shortest possible shifts. Am I doing something wrong or is there some kind of problem in the way the rating is calculated?

1 Like

Do you have separated toilet rooms for Staff Only?

And separated toilets for Executives?

Do you have vending machines in staff rooms?

Do your staff rooms have ample seats of high quality and plants?

1 Like

Yes to all four. Staff are v well rested and have their needs met

How is your staff feeling? They might work the shortest shifts but time isn’t everything, are they happy and well rested?

1 Like

Yes they are. Needs are well met, productivity is also very high. I’ve read somewhere that automation might be holding it back, is that possibly the reason, and if so why does automated check-in/boarding hold the staff friendliness rating back so much?

That was a bug from back in the day that we’ve patched, pax love not having to deal with humans and will rate all automated interactions 100%. Can you bug report your save so that I can have a look at it?

1 Like

Submitted a report (ACEO-37487).

1 Like

Took a look at it now, incorrectly passengers do take franchise staff behavior into the rating which you cannot affect so that is fixed, but I also saw that your security staff for example do not seem to have access to toilets and seems to be a bit tired.

2 Likes

Ah ok. It is worth pointing out that the mouseover tooltip for staff friendliness only mentions Passenger Service Agents.

1 Like

Good point! I’ve fixed that.

1 Like

Since tooltips are mentioned here, there are a lot of tooltips, not disappearing after the “hover” moment is over.

Has this gone live on the experimental branch?

Yes! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m still not able to get my staff rating above 33% (not even to 34). Don’t know if that’s because there’s still a bug or just that the new ratings mechanic (ignore franchise staff) hasn’t transferred properly to airports that were running in 3.3-4.

I’ve a similar problem, staff rating is around 27%. It was 23-24%, until I build additional staff room and a big security checkpoint instead of three small ones. Don’t know if I’m impatient or if it takes a (longer) while until the rating rises. I keep an eye on it - if it’s not getting better, I can provide my savegame.

Regards

Well, if you check all of your employees stats, are most of them well rested? Are they talented? Energeized? To get a high staff friendliness rating these values should be in the green as they’re working.

Hmm… okay, a few questions/remarks:

1. is there a way to see the overall employee stats or do I have to check each employee itself? I couldn’t find any statistic window which will tell me e.g. that I need more staff rooms or toilets or couch, etc.
  2. You say that things like energy, talent, etc. are counting into the rating. But the tooltip for this rating only talks about talent level to increase the rating - my employees all have >90% rating. So, I’d suggest to refine the tooltip :slight_smile:
    EDIT: Maybe it should also be renamed, employee status instead of friendliness.
  3. Please see this screenshot:
    The marked worker has low stats, but isn’t using the seats nor the toilets. So, with this bladder rating I’d expect this worker to run very fast to toilet :joy: The same for energy, why are the free seats not used?

Regards

In my case all my customer facing staff (passenger service agents and security officers) have green talents stats and are generally well rested and not needing the toilet. My other staff (non customer facing) are also very talented but typically slightly less rested.

Well, you are rewarded for your persistence. Took another pass through the code and found a weird division by three on the final value which would make all 100% ratings slashed to 33%… which just about explains everything.

Great observation and it’ll be fixed in beta 4.0-1! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Olof
:thinking: That means dneibig is on 100% and I’m somewhere between 75% and 90%? :smiley: Well, then… when is 4.0-1 release date? :wink:
EDIT: please check the terminal quality calculation if possible - mine is stuck at 25%.
EDIT2: it still doesn’t explain why my employees aren’t using toilets/seats.