Starting road position

Hi there!

I’ve seen and posted about this a while back and have decided to revive the topic. So, I’ve wanted to discuss the idea to add a “delivery road placement” option that would let us choose where we want the starting road to be placed at the start. I find the current road placement quite obstructive in that it isn’t placed really towards the edge nor is it placed in the center.

I think we all know that airports come in different shapes and sizes and are situated in different locations. Their geographical location therefore impacts where the cars access the airport.

In my opinion it would be great to have the option to choose where the road would be placed, choosing from 3 or 4 different preset (to make it easier for the devs to code?). Let’s say one road comes in at the left edge of the map, one road could come up in the center. and one road could maybe come up in on the right edge of the map. Specifically the edge roads should also be moved more towards the edges of the map because it otherwise creates a huge dead space that you can’t realistically fill up with parking lots or trees only.

This option would allow for greater diversity when creating airports and would in my opinion greatly avoid those horrible connection roads that you have to place if you want your terminal to be in the middle.

Have a great day, Niko

I think something like this will happen in the future.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.