Stocks and expansion to other cities

It would be very interesting from a economic point of view if there was a opportunity to sell/buy stocks in the airport. This way would be an alternative way of financing expansion without taking loans.

For ex: To have the opportunity to sell off about 50% of the airport to investors, this would mean fresh cash to the airport, and at the same time a commitment to pay dividends to the investors. The sold stocks could also be purchased back again if wanted at a later time.

It would also be interesting to be able to sell off the whole airport, and then start another one in another city with the capital of the sale.

From the overview in the gameplay, there is a split in valuation of the airport. One that is overall valuation, and one that is the valuation of the current airport. It would be really exciting to be able to expand to other cities, starting another airport.

In general i hope the realism within the economic management will be prioritized. The ability to buy/sell stocks, sell the airport or open an additional airport would be awesome pure economically.

2 Likes

Great idea! :smile:

May be campaign mod for this? I will love to see politic come into play when you want to expand or open an new airport. There are somethings you have to manage to make different group happy like people living nearby and environmentalist.

This just made me think,
I’m currently living in China, were 70% of the airspace is for military usage exclusively. That means that the corridors are very small and only a small number of planes can go through at the time (even tho the airport are always fully booked). This could be an idea for a “high difficulty scenario”. Besides, when military exercises are happening the government often forces civilian aviation to reduce the traffic by up to 25%. Imagine the challenge if you are in a thigh spot and forced to make difficult choices :slight_smile:
I like the idea of location based challenges since airport are such huge infrastructure

1 Like

Yes, i think in a final stage of this game add scenarios and consider cities to put more difficuties in gameplay would be nice.

But it’s a very hard task in my opinion designs this!

Stocks is great Idea too, mainly for fundraising to expansion purpose and pay bank debts.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.