Strange Ramp Agent Behavior

So I have some really messed up ramp agents. They stand around by the car stops and do nothing it seems like. Sometimes they go to the baggage bay and work, but then decide to go back to the car stops and do nothing. On top of this, my remote stands aren’t getting ramp agents even though I have more than enough cars (there are some at the parking lots) and enough ramp agents standing around. I have tried firing and re-hiring all staff, with no success.

1 Like

Is each of the remote stands connected to a service car stop? Maybe the ramp agents are waiting to get to the stands, but because of the missing connection they can’t.

The majority of my airport is built away from the main terminal so to save space, each stop is connected to two stands. Would this present an issue?

Generally it could, but then you would see one car parked at the stop and another one waiting. Obviously that’s no factor in your case with only one car parked and none waiting.

In that picture I closed down the majority of my stands just to test it out and see if that made a difference. Previously I’ve seen one car on the stop and another behind it on the road waiting to use that stop.

If one is waiting behind, then it could be the ramp agents are all waiting for the second car but the first one is blocking the stop.
You could try to send away all of the airplanes on the remote stands and then see what the ramp agents do. There’s a problem with remote stands: The cars only wait limited time and then leave, so if the ramp agents came too late for the car they will wait at the stop forever (no second car will take them). Only by sending the airplanes away you can release this deadlock. If after sending all of them away and suddenly the ramp agents start moving, it means you had exactly that problem.

I can try that soon and get back to you on it. I close down my airport occasionally to fix other issues and when I open it back up, there’s a swarm of cars rushing out of the service area trying to get to all the planes that just landed.

Would that issue extend to them not going to the baggage bay? Seems like they do one shift, leave, then never come back.

Yes, if they got a task to do they will not do anything else until that task is finished. So if they can’t finish their task they won’t do anything anymore.
Maybe all of them are just blocked having service round tasks for the airplanes.

I’d also recommend filing a bug report so I can check out this behavior in real time. There are a few sections of complicated mechanics with remote ramp agents we need to address so this would be good to look at…

I think this airport is really messed up. Submitted two bug reports on separate issues both regarding the behavior of people. Not sure what these ramp agents have against me but they refuse to go to the stand. If it matters, the airport was not made in this current version.

If you look at the ramp agents tasklist, do you see them as accepted by someone?

Yes, and updating to the latest version seems to help, now they walk to attached stands and then take ages to do the maintenance round. Haven’t tested remote stands yet.

Yeah, @smoketoobig, I specifically checked your test for -3. We broke a round of several things with the previous experimental update which most likely caused all of your issues. There may be permanent problems for certain flights but once those clear out you should be back to normal…

… the dangers of playing on experimental… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Actually, yeah, totally ignore that post before, it just fixed itself and the majority of passengers are now on their way out of the airport. Sweet, thanks so much!

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.