Suddenly, no franchise staff!

Hey all. I’m working on my second airport and currently using 28.1-7 I believe. Experimental path, anyway.

Today, suddenly, no staff will come to the airport to operate any store/franchise. I have four shops/cafes, and they’re all greyed out with the message “STAFF ENROUTE”. But the staff never arrive. I cancelled the contracts and created new ones, and I built new stores – no improvement. The franchises stay closed with the continuous message “STAFF ENROUTE”. Everything worked fine just a few days ago.

Security access to the secure zone is fine. All other staff can access all other areas of the airport.

The only thing I can think of is: have I reached a maximum number of staff? I have been hiring like crazy to accommodate about 18 stands serving continuous flights. But that can’t be it since other users have much as many staff as I do.

28.1.8 released yesterday afternoon and it has fix for this bug. Be sure to update your game

I was guessing that it was 28.1-7. It’s actually 28.1-8. The bug is there.

When you load it up, and cycle through the contract, it is repaired in game…

I verified I am using 28.1-8. The bug is still there.

Here’s what I did:

1. Cancelled all the contracts
  2. Saved and exited
  3. Restarted the game
  4. Opened the saved gave
  5. Created new contracts.
  6. Saw the STAFF ENROUTE indicator for each shop.

Strangely, the game seemed to spawn new franchise staff inside the airport, but they all wandered out of the airport and into the subway. They’re gone and there’s no new staff enroute. I now have shops in both secure and non-secure areas but they are closed with a STAFF ENROUTE indicator.

Under JOB TASKS, the list for FRANCHISE STAFFING is empty.

1 Like

Seems right, no shop attendances at all.

Same at my on 28.1-8 new built airport…

1 Like

I got the same problem. Somehow i can’t activate the shop counter and cafe counter. Franchise staff is leaving the airport.

For me it is the same problem :weary:

Same issue here

Any news about this issue… ?

We’re looking into this issue but it’s currently unclear what is causing it.

Are you who are experiencing this issue running with Steam cloud saves or without?

1 Like

I disabled Steam Cloud.

I’m running with steam cloud saves… Haven’t tried it without, yet…
But will try that later… :wink:

Not sure how to determine this definitively but I believe my saves are going to the cloud. (I also don’t know how to change it, but I can do it with basic instructions if it will help sort out the bug.)

I disabled it because when you try to delete a save game, Steam Cloud redownloads it. Here is how you disable Steam Cloud:

1. In your Steam Library, right-click on AirportCEO and select “Properties.”
  2. Click the “Updates” tab.
  3. Uncheck “Enable Steam Cloud synchronization for AirportCEO.”
  4. Click “Close.”

The reason we’re looking into Steam Clouds is that there might be an issue with syncing saves after a game has been closed and that only parts of the saves are being uploaded before the Steam client is exited. However, it could very well be something else and we’d also happily take a look at complete bug reports with log files and saves as well (just use the in-game bug reporting tool).

1 Like

Olof from now on do you prefer us to report issues via bug report system in game instead of using “report bug” system on website? Also shall I re-report issues via in game report bug system?

My steam is still freezing now and then on A-CEO, I just crash it out and then reload steam.

Well, I thought I had it disabled, but does not look like it, however, I think that answers why I’ve never seen my saves across machines. I don’t know if it’s because of the locations issues like the other person had?