SUGGESTIONS: Aircraft Models

I think we should start out with C208’s and the Sabb 340’s The Sabb is like real good as a starting aircraft if you think of it. It can carry 34 passengers and has a good range.
After the Saab’s.

CRJ-100/200
ERJ-135/145’s
ERJ 170’s to E195’s
CRJ 700’s to CRJ 1000

Alot of you guys have skiped the next one I am about to say
Cseries
Sukhoi Superjet 100-95
Comac ARJ21
After those then you know your regular A320’s and Boeing.

Wow, I like your effort. Great starting point! We will post a poll shortly where you can decide the next aircraft. :airplane:

6 Likes

I think small planes would be super nice, and especially if there are some game mechanics to go along.

In career mode you could start with almost no money and have to take only small private planes in your small grass airfield. I am imagining a pilot keeping his plane there in some hangar or parking spot. Then he can come to the airfield and fly it for a while. Small planes like this require fuel but not much else.

You will get money from selling the fuel and refueling services, potentially some maintenance and also for the rental of the hangar or parking spot.

As you gain more money you can build a terminal and check-in desks and a baggage handling system and start taking on commercial flights.

And now that I think about this, the initial “airfield” version would be a perfect pre-alpha for the game. Much more limited scope without all the complicated queuing systems, baggage handling, check-in and so on. And at the same time it would allow testing the UI, contracts, general airplane routing, people movements, refueling operations, building system, etc.

What do you think @Fredrik?

How about helicopters? Don’t know any in specific (not a big helicopter fan) but it would be cool to have helicopter pads and other helicopter related things

Great Job. It looks you’re working on an airport :wink:
But really, good job THX

1 Like

Gimme a D, gimme an L, gimme a C…

1 Like

That would be something pretty special [personal reasons too!!]

I would like to see the Dornier 328jet and all the aircraft that alfa listed would be awesome.

Yes…even I had that idea… Helicopters should be an important aspect of the game. They may be your main source of income when u r a small airport.

while I wouldn’t mind helicopters, I really don’t think they contribute in any significant way to any commercial airfield, let alone airport. given the specialized nature of missions and the higher operating costs, I feel like it is less important to have them. And since they can (but do not necessarily have to) fly and air taxi on different routes than aircraft, I think it is an unnecessary coding effort so early in the development. just my two cents

Ah, perhaps you aren’t familiar with Aberdeen Airport. Being the gateway to the offshore oil industry in the North Sea means that it has very frequent helicopter operations (many dozens every day). I reckon there’s more heli movements than fixed wing aircraft on a typical day. Of course most airports aren’t like this, but I’m sure Aberdeen makes a fair profit from helicopters.

I would agree however that it’s not a common scenario to be in and it isn’t a priority for the early game. But helicopter movements might be a nice addition later to add some variety.

3 Likes

I agree… Helicopters are not needed in the first or second build. But yes it will be an interesting feature in future builds. Probably they could be added to the game as a part of expansion/DLC or game update. If the player isn’t interested in helicopters…he may not get the expansion.

@Olof @Fredrik… What are your thoughts on helicopters…(Helicopters are part of Airports Right??)

Did u type that on your own because it’s HUGE!!!:astonished:

Yes. haha In fact I am preparing something bigger and way more specific and accurate. :smiley: (mainly because of my very own interest)

2 Likes

Some good ones 757 717 727.

@Fredrik … some inspiration for today’s devlog… :wink:

3 Likes

If you make big planes(747,A380)first your runway must be capable and the thousands of people will unboard to the airport with needs and demands,so tou would need a capable airport of handling croud and runways.is it a good i dea?

I really like this list! I think we need some “Intermediate”-“Heavy” planes before we worry about more small ones. They should get priority now.

The devs are wanting smaller aircraft at this stage, the game is not ready for bigger aircraft yet

1 Like

I’ll speak for the little guys. Where I fly out of we have a huge amount of GA movement - would be awesome to have 210’s, 404’s, Chieftains, “Death Pencil” Metro’s plus other commuter category aircraft that would be a good stepping stone before the larger tubeliners

1 Like