Take a Day Off from Coding

Good Morning from Maui, Hawaii.

Everyone on this forum knows that the potential for Airport CEO to become one of the great simulation, management genre games is on the horizon. The gameplay, the customization, the goals & obviously the ability to design an airport are all awesome, and the developers who have made this game what it is (I think we are at 34.5-1) deserve some real appreciation. I know that everyone that plays this game (and learns HOW to play the game) will become quickly addicted.

BEFORE WE MOVE ON to Terminal Update 35 (probably the most anticipated update yet), I wish the developers to take 1 day and sit down and play the game. No mods, no IDE code screens, no distractions, just sit and play the game.

I think you will find that the 5 items I list here are worth at least a quick look.

1. Paths- (and path determination with ‘design’ in mind)
(i.e.) 4 escalators really looks good in a design sense, but the path system is only going to show the pa that the first one is closest and more efficient to use which creates a few other problems (like dirty floors).
We all build our airports with a design in mind. We take note of the way things ;LOOK; probably more that we think about ACEO path generation. But why cant the passengers use the other escalators that are right next to the one the path has generated use for.
-Should we just install 1 escalator (or any pax item) always because the paxs’ are only going to use 1 anyway?

2. Materials
Please create (or let us create) more flooring materials. Although there are several choices currently, none of them are in color groups, or have the ability to create a creative look and feel. Like color schemes.

3. On Screen Information (ugh)
-Click on an aircraft stand and try to select the luggage bay that is behind the on screen text…Can’t see it to select it.
-Click on a boarding desk and try to select a stand to assign it to and it is behind the on screen boarding gate info. Can’t see it to select it.

Suggestion: SIMPLIFY the on screen text. Remove the text and just have a green or red icon on the related items that allows us to see what needs to be fixed. Or - if the item is operational and there are no issues, don’t show anything unless is needs to be addressed.
-That is the model that should flow throughout the game. 'I don’t care if things are working, just tell me if something is wrong’

4. Paint and Color (it’s awesome to be able to customize your airport) BUT

• I design in themes. (Meaning one area has a different color scheme than another area). I need more color presets, or preset color rows like there are now - just more of them.
    -AND I SURE WOULD LIKE TO PAINT AND COLOR OTHER ITEMS (LIKE FLOORS) along with the limited amount of items we can paint now.

5. FILL and oblong areas. (kindof a new feature request)
-Square staff rooms, shops & stores work a lot of the time, however, there are many cases where I have ended up with unused space simply because the ‘square room’ didn’t fit in the L-Shape shop I was creating.
-The ability to close off an area with walls (which you can delete later) and ‘FILL’ that area with either a zone or room would save a LOT OF HOURS (for me anyway)
-ALONG WITH THAT - the ability to UNPAINT an area is worth a look as well.

I do think in the process of developing a game as good as Airport CEO, there comes a time when you are about 3/4 of the way there needs to be a ‘take a day off from coding day’ and address some low hanging apples that will make the gameplay better.

From SimCity (The original series) to Roller Coaster Tycoon and now Airport CEO, the best of the best are that for a reason, the developers listen, stay engaged, allow some outside modding and customization and support the community as best they can.

Can’t wait to see the next update - probably the most anticipated one for me.

Mark
Maui, Hawaii
(This game blows away SimAirport - don’t let anyone tell you anything different)

7 Likes

Although I agree a very good suggestion, I want to say then how many more hours have the developers been trying to recreate bugs alone? :joy: :wink: :wink: Also, I belive that ACEO has very good potential and I do agree with the statement to Sim airport. :innocent: :innocent:

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.